Subscribe Today

Snow Week wants Jacques to retire?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby ChampFan » April 13th, 2004, 5:29 am

What do you all think of Snow Week saying it's time for Jacque to get off the sled? I think it's a load of ****. He's obviously still competitive, and although I didn't go to any EPT races this year, it didn't sound to me like he's holding up the field and tearing up a bunch of equipment every week. Maybe someone from out east would have a better take on it, but I don't think it was cool for SW to take a jab like that...
ChampFan

Postby Flatout » April 13th, 2004, 10:15 am

If you were in Beausejour you know Jacques is still one of the fastest guys on the track and he doesnt look like he is slowing down any time soon. Sno Weak (intentional mis-spell) can eat his dust!!!
Flatout

Postby Snowmodude65 » April 13th, 2004, 10:30 am

I've only seen him race a couple times but the oval races I've been at your right, jacques is fast but fearless and reckless. Hes Vincent on ice. Two years ago when my kid raced snowcross at the derby the talk in the pits was that I heard was that nobody wanted to be on the track with him, and no way did you want to be on the outside of him.
Snowmodude65

Postby Old_tiger_fan » April 13th, 2004, 3:52 pm

I raced at the World Series in Maine in 1986. Jacques almost injured two people on two separate occasions racing through the pits. Everybody idling @ walking speed and Jacques feels that he must be doing a minimum of 40 mph at all times. They wanted to throw him out but he wined too much. He seemed crazy to the point of reckless back then. I think his attitude had a lot to do with it. He was even a pain in the a$$ at the drivers' meeting.
Old_tiger_fan

Postby Corey » April 13th, 2004, 6:52 pm

I'm all for him retiring.
Corey

Postby sled_king » April 14th, 2004, 12:42 am

since when does Snow Week decide when a racer should retire?
Jaques is still one of the fastest guys out there. he's consistant and always a threat where ever he races. Jaques has seen alot of speed in his racing career, probly more than any one of us here!
sled_king

Postby AHF928 » April 14th, 2004, 12:50 am

Is this a late April fools joke? Jacques is still as sharp as anyone, in fact I would say his on track performance this year may have been one of his best.

I watched every Champ race on the EPT this year. In many cases during previous years he would be overly agressive and even take himself or others out, but this year I saw a smarter more consistant Jacques than in the past.

He seems to have mellowed a bit and its making him smoother, more in control and more consistant.

Retire?? I for one hope not.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Postby Sled Wrecker » April 14th, 2004, 4:04 am

I've brought my kid to Eagle River the last two years and have been there myself for many years and have watched Jacque race every year. :He's fun to watch but from what I seen he crashes a lot there and took some other guys out when he crashes. I think he should retire before he kills himself and maybe others.
Sled Wrecker

Postby diskvalve » April 14th, 2004, 5:14 am

This is an outrage, and disrespectful!! Jacques is still one of the best drivers on the track and a friend to racing and a friend of mine. Sno- Week should be ashamed of a comment like that, and write a formal retraction. Jacques career has been laden with controversy for sure, but he has, and still, brings more fans to the track than anyone ever has. I have been watching him on track for 30 plus years and although he has had his share of mishaps and been the cause of some crashes, (mine included) , has also been on the recieving end of lots of these as well. At Eagle a few years ago he was nearly killed in a horrible crash that wasn,t his fault that even made national coverage on "Real TV" that he took in stride without complaint to return racing the next season. I think that Sno-Week overshot their perceived authority and viewed his "bad day"(he had the flu) at Eagle this year to sum up a great man with a greater career. If sno-week had attended the EPT series this year at all , and the CPTC,not just Eagle, they would have seen a very competitive , always fast JV ,that is in no way ready to retire because sno-week deems it. I have seen first hand at how hard Jacques works to be competitive, his training schedule is world class and he develops his equipment year round in a state of the art facility similar to what a nascar team uses. He is also very supportive of his fellow racers, supplying parts and machine work at the track to get others back on track with a quick smile and generosity. At Beausejour this year he finished second behind the current world champ and ahead of many hot young guns , which should demonstrate that he can still rock. Jacques was voted ; by his peers this season as the "Sportsman of the Year" in the Eastern Pro- Tour. -- mike
HTML
diskvalve

Postby cdem72 » April 14th, 2004, 6:07 am

They're probably jealous that some old French-Canadian still gives the young whippers-snappers a good run for their money.
cdem72

Next

Return to General Racing Board