Subscribe Today

Snow Week wants Jacques to retire?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby Flying_FEJ » April 15th, 2004, 2:58 am

I've gone to ER for several years and raced stockers a few years. I've helped out some of the guys that raced the champs, and one thing that has always come up during conversation about Jacques and his crashes was he wants to die on racing a sled. It has made a lot of guys nervous racing next to him.
Flying_FEJ

Postby RPY45 » April 15th, 2004, 4:09 am

Jaques is a legend but to say he cheated? Cory he was completely within the rules with the UFO's on the carbs. He found a loop hole in the rules. That's why ER did not throw him out for what was done. He was asked to remove them and he did, The UFO's did not help, he still crashed that year too.

Flatout- I was at your race in St Henri and you are correct, Jacques did beat Day on Saturday because Day was taken out by his on teammate, I think Carl Leser (spelling) beat Day in Sawingan QC on Saturday this year too. Just looking at The EPT results.

The thing is, if some guys would just work hard and do the testing like Wahl's and other guy do. Instead of busting everybodies grapes about past rulings. He is in my book a smart man, he found a grey area about the rules. He does drive hard and wants to win someday again. He will find the right combination again, so keep your eyes on him untill then.

From what I saw at that race he is a legend in Canada. If he retires they will lose a national hero.

Thanks for your time
Randy
RPY45

Postby SNOWHAWK » April 15th, 2004, 5:27 am

RPY45,

You are righ when you said this is a legend. Here in Quebec everybody knows him and we have a lot of respect for him. We call him Uncle Jacques. I agree to say that he gave a lot to the sport. In despite we are not all Ski-Doo fans we wave him anyway.

Snowhawk
Snowhawk[/green][img]http://www.articcat.com height=2 width=2[/img]
SNOWHAWK

Postby 27NE » April 15th, 2004, 5:27 am

Okay.. if he is competitive then let him race!!! im deff. not a Jocko fan but he deff. is still competitive! On his driving style... I saw him this year drive so hard into turn 3 at st. henri to take out larry day that he almost took himself out of the race... larry ended up winning the race. Sno week should have no say in a drivers career so nothing about anyne else! its his own decision and i know that jocko wouldnt be racing if he wasnt competitive...
WHY ICE?...CUZ SNOW IS SLOW!
Justin (LUCY) Losee
27NE

Postby harley_6868 » April 15th, 2004, 6:15 am

I have been at several races at Eagle River and have watch Jacque - take out several other racers. Watching the tape from last years Eagle River, it is plan to see that Jacque intentionally ran into PJ 3 to 4 times. Then this year when he took out Eric Peterson and Terry Wahl. He may be a legend, but he is a serious threat to all racers out there. When you have other fellow racers say that they don't want to be anywhere near him when he's on the track with you because they don't want to be taken out, THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM.
IMHO
harley_6868

Postby Corey » April 15th, 2004, 8:42 pm

The thing that pisses me off about the whole thing is he gets away with things because of his name. How many of the kids in the junior classes would not be thrown out at Eagle River because they found "loop holes" in the rules. How many kids would be given a win while having a busted off ski loop for 3 laps that happened from moving the first place guy out of the way because he couldn't pass them clean.

How about the year he took out Jim Schmidt coming out of turn 2 on the first lap at Eagle River, and then when he was two laps down racing the leaders for 10 laps. I was standing in the pits and when he hit the bales in in turn one people were actually happy he crashed once they seen he was not hurt.
Corey

Postby diskvalve » April 17th, 2004, 6:11 am

I think you are misunderstanding Jacques comment very unfairly. He does NOT have a death wish. He meant, when asked, that IF he had to go that he would sooner it be in a racing accident than some awful disease; sort of a noble thing really . So lighten up on that ,if any real racer was asked a similar question their response would be along the same lines. It is considered sort of a romantic ideal to die in battle, but not so much to die of old age. He truly is a great guy and competitor that never takes anyone out on purpose . He is almost always near the front where problems are bound to happen. He is a Canadian legend for sure because he gives on track like few others and canadians are proud of his fire. For the record he can go 25 laps easily !!! He is conditioned like an olympian and can go twice that without showing fatigue. Can anyone honestly say they have EVER seen him tired? I have watched him since the seventies in almost every race he has run and not once did I see evidence of him tiring. Give credit where it,s due and enjoy watching him race because some day he WILL hang up the helmet .(when he,s good and firetrucking ready !!! )--- mike
HTML
diskvalve

Postby Mountianman1 » April 17th, 2004, 6:33 am

No question about it Jacques is the dirtiest driver out there. Why does everyone think its ok because it is Jacques!? Its taking someone out if someone gets into someone, but if Jacques does it it to someone it is just racing. I think its B.S.!!! If he can not quit his slamming he needs to get out of racing. We all know he wont stop slamming everone. Do all the racers a favor and give it up before someone gets hurt!!!
MountianMan
Mountianman1

Postby 124blizzard » April 24th, 2004, 7:04 am

I have read all of the posts here and it seems that most people responding want to see him retire or "quit"...but I myself DO NOT want him to see that at all !!! Jacques is a true gentleman to the sport (just like Dale Earnhardt was to NASCAR). I myself was in ER this past January and also saw the wreck involving Jacques, Terry Wahl and Eric Petersen and in no way was Jacko driving erractically. It appeared as he shifted his weight going into turn 1 on the first lap and all of a sudden the sled came right up on the left side, then straight to the hay bales. Unforunately it took the other 2 drivers with him. I guess we can say when NASCAR races at Daytona and Talladega and the "BIG ONE" happens the driver that caused the wreck did it intentionally??? I think NOT ! In no way did Jacko try to take anyone out...plain and simple. As far as dying on the race track I also know someone else that said they would rather die oval racing in their 40's then fishing in their 80's...so, if Jacko wants to race till he dies and is still competitive then let that be. He has and will continue to be an asset to oval racing and competitive as well !!!
P.S. - I did not agree with SNOW WEEK's comments though (Mr. Skogman) even though you tried politically to correct yourself. Your comment that it is "predictable" on Jacques crashing was very blunt and totally un-called for.
blizzard
124blizzard

Previous

Return to General Racing Board