Subscribe Today

Enclosed Trailer - Flooring: Traction Mats or Other

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby Spartan » August 12th, 2004, 1:55 pm

I have a new enclosed trailer for this year. Trying to decide what to put down for the flooring (over the wood floor). Past trailers I have used rubber traction mats (to protect from stud damage on the wood). Has anyone ever tried using a Line-X type coating on a trailer floor to prevent stud damage in the wood? Would this type of coating prevent the stud from damaging the floor?
Spartan

Postby Mikeybac » August 12th, 2004, 3:51 pm

We have a 4 place Wells Cargo enclosed trailer...All we did id put down sheetts of OSB board over the existing wood....We then sprayed the whole thing with Thompsons water sealer and caulked around the whole inside...If the OSB gets bad then you can just flip it over.....
They Call Me Tater Salad
Mikeybac

Postby 96XCR600 » August 15th, 2004, 6:17 pm

I don't believe Line-X will adhear to the wood properly. Rhino liner is more rubbery but the carbides will tear it up. I suggest either 1-4 inch plywood or sub floor held down with some wood screws. I have a triton xt-10 and just cut some white oak strips for traction purposes and used an old truck drop in liner for the ski guides. sawzall to cut it and wood screws to hold it down. Everything is holding up real well for being on there for almost 3 years now.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/4%20Wheelin/Tenneseetrip-1.jpg[/IMG]
Quads...
2005 Polaris Phoenix (kid #1)
2004 Sportsman 700 MOBU (mine)
2004 Yamaha Blaster (wifey)
2003 Sportsman 90 (kid #2)
1989 Yamaha Big Bear 350 (spare)
96XCR600

Postby Xtreme XC » August 17th, 2004, 10:37 am

You can buy "trim to fit" rubber bed mats in JC Whitney that would lay down in a trailer fine. They come in as big as 80" x 144" sections at $115 each.

That's what I'm doing to my trailer this year.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby RITEWAY » August 18th, 2004, 5:25 am

We are from Rite-way Racing, we race USSA oval machines. We have sprayed several trailers with the Perma-tech spray on Bedliner. We have two sprayed at our place and have sprayed two other trailers from Wausau. We have sprayed ours over three years ago and it is holding up good. Ours is Arctic Cat green but we can spray them in any color needed. We will be spraying USSA's registration trailer yet this year. Perma-tech can be sprayed on wood floors. If you would like to see any of these trailers or would like more information about us and the product, please feel free to contact us. jim@rite-wayauto.com
RITEWAY

Return to General Racing Board