Subscribe Today

What happen to Rick Hissom's USSA Sprint sled?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby watcher » September 3rd, 2004, 4:53 am

i heard that the motor and sled are no longer together! would like to see if i could find that motor, even just to measure it up (ports, head) that was a strong motor. chassis i heard moved around, don't know who has that either.

yoo, that was a neat track, 3 turns and sure needed brakes and throttle! take care see ya this winter.

think frost

watcher
watcher

Postby Yoo » September 3rd, 2004, 6:42 am

Watcher, didn't Hissom run a Doo? I don't remember him running a Cat. The only people I remember announcing that ran Cats in the days of Bessemer, was the late, GREAT Jim Herzig, another great driver that we lost way too early, DeVault and his brother. I could be wrong here but Hissom and Ramesh did work together and both ran Doo's then. I don't think Hissom's motor would match up to what we have racing now.

If I had the equipment I'd build an Ice Oval similar to Bessemer in my hometown, only have a little bit of banking . I love the Tri Oval concept...brings driver skill into play, and takes away horsepower and money. Agree or disagree?
Yoo

Postby that 31 car » September 3rd, 2004, 7:02 am

Skip:
Brian ran Polaris and Ski-doo, never ran a Cat as I know it. Dad ran a Polaris originally, and then later a Houle built Pro-sprint chassis, first with a Polaris in it and then a Ski-Doo. Polaris engine was built by myself with Darren Hedlund guidance. Ski Doo was a Mike Decker prepared unit and was fast. Rick gave up a little for age, but the chassis and engine package always had him in the hunt. The Houle chassis was the one Mikey won all of his Pro-Sprint victories on and really is a piece of history.
that 31 car

Postby U.P. Skidoo » September 4th, 2004, 2:33 am

hey yoo, Chad and Brian did not work together, they went to school together and were friends, but two different teams completely.....Rumor has it that ramesh is talking with polaris for one more year of stock class racing.......
[img]http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421591018/1/600/450.jpg[/img][img]http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421591018/0/200/136.jpg[/img]
U.P. Skidoo

Postby skidoorider » September 4th, 2004, 2:47 am

Yoo,
I personally handle all of watcher's business affairs. You can send one million dollars in unmarked nickels annd dimes to my office at Dewey,Cheetum,& How.

I am skidoorider, and I approve this message.
2007 Jayco 29BHS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
skidoorider

Postby watcher » September 4th, 2004, 2:56 am

not completely true. yes they were friends, and yes there were from different family teams, but both drove for the factory with doo. they did test together on occasion.

anyone know were the chassis and motor went too?

think frost

watcher
watcher

Postby Yoo » September 4th, 2004, 4:17 am

skidoorider, I'll send you some of my Kerry 3 Dollar Bills. Watcher, you're right, Hissom and Ramesh were with Rager when he was with Ski-Doo. Didn't know that Brian's dad ran a Polaris. News to me. Learning a lot on this topic!

But the real question is, why would you want a motor that I don't think has the ponys per cc that today's racing motor needs. My other question, and I was even thinking about starting a topic...
Will we ever see the return of Mike Houle? I still think he wa one of the best ice oval racers of all time. Ranks right up there with Eastman, Lindblad, Jacque V, Herzig, and today's finest, Ludwig, Scary Gary, and PJ.

And my other question is, if snowmobiling could do what NASCAR does and put everyone on the same sled, same set up, and if we could turn the hands of time back...and you put the best all out on the track. Which Ice Oval Racer would win?

Love to hear your thoughts...and don't forget VOTE FOR BUSH!
Yoo

Postby watcher » September 4th, 2004, 4:38 am

lots of people did not know that. the sled look the same, just different motor (if i remeber right).

would mikey return? think he would love too, but i know how much he was hurting with that leg!

best/same sled? go with mikey or PJ, second would be a coin flip?

if we look back there were some great racers. herzig, houle (steve, mike) chad r, devaults (ed and dan), guy u, eastman, just to name a few.

hey the local gas station would not take them 3 dollar bills at first! do you know why? i told them look at the face, we all know that person!
"IT'S THE GREAT YOO" then they took them all, so send me more!

STILL LOOKING FOR THAT CHASSIS AND MOTOR

watcher
watcher

Postby skidoorider » September 4th, 2004, 5:05 am

Yoo,
Can I take some of your Kerry three dollar bills and buy a new pair of "flip-flops" ???

RB
2007 Jayco 29BHS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Equalizer Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
skidoorider

Postby watcher » September 4th, 2004, 10:50 am

took those three dollar bills to the local gas station, at first they wouldn't take them, then i pointed out that the "GREAT YOO" face on the front of the bills. after that they were more then glad to take them. send more!

think they even framed the first one!

STILL LOOK FOR THE CHASSIS AND MOTOR

watcher
watcher

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board