Subscribe Today

Is WSA Slacking?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby racingatvsleds » December 9th, 2004, 11:14 am

I DON'T BELIEVE IT...other people have the courage to write openyl against the We Screw Anyone Circuit. I've been chastised and slammed by the We Screw Anyone cronies for the past two months for saying the SAME things that some of you are saying. Within MINUTES of submitting anything against the We Screw Anyone, Bunzai and all his cronies must get on the phone and hit this site just to slam me. The We Screw Anyone circuit has taken promoters money, drivers money, sponsor money, and the fans money since they basically stoled the circuit from Jerry...yet few have the courage to say anything. It's only a matter of time before all these regional circuits realize that all the WSA does it take the drivers membership money, and put NOTHING back into the regional circuit and the drivers. As far as the National Circuit, that is no more National then any other circuit...it's just that they can call it a "National" race to get more money from the Promoters. That's a FACT. As far as insurance, the insurance paid by the WSA comes from the ISR, NOT the WSA. Anyone can join the ISR and get this insurance. You sure to heck don't need to be a member of the ISR. Why do you think the WSA would love to put the ISR out of business. Then EVERYONE would have to go through them. Thank god the ISR, and the Non-WSA Circuits have had the courage to stand up and still fight for the sport, the drivers, and the fans. The We Screw Anyone circuit even went as far as putting a little 'r' next to Hillcross, as if the WSA came up with that idea. Gimme a break. Regarding TV, ANYONE can get their races and circuit on the tube, all it takes is sponsor money to pay for the production and sponsor money to pay for the air time. Problem is the WSA thinks they are so great that everyone should 'bow' down to them and they shouldn't have to pay. This way they could make even more money on sponsorship without having to dish any money out. It's only a matter of time before enough drivers realize that just buying a membership card, getting a hat, and a sticker...oh and a magazine subscription, doesn't make the driver better then anyone else, nor does it make the driver any more money. How do you spell 'scam' in Wisconsin and Minnesota? WScAm! Now watch the cronies come out of the woodworks...here goes boys and girls...
racingatvsleds

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby 728 » December 9th, 2004, 12:29 pm

In the WSA's defense they have held races when no one else was the season before last in the MN North District Circuit they held races in Hill City by making snow when no one else had any. BUT! As a sport rider in the heat races we were only getting a lap and a half which kind of sucked. I'd gladly pay the entry fees as long as they would have gave us an actual race rather than a drag race to the first corner.

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby skid » December 9th, 2004, 1:08 pm

Unless you are the next big thing or think you could be the next big thing the nationals will eat all your money. Started racing them in 97 with mrp and like was earlier stated they prices have skyrocketed. Sure that is what happens when a sport grows but this is crazy. I do not see the payouts getting larger in 01 you could win 1200 bucks a weekend in districts with no contigency. Now that is almost a national payout . If you are not happy then go and race some other series. There are some that really care about the racers and are trying to take away from WSA but where are the riders that should support these guys. They are losing money trying to take on the big guys and alot ot the people that are complaining are not showing up at their races. Check out Jacksonspeedway.com this guy is puttting his check book out there to prove he wants to get a good snowmoblie series going. On Jan1st and 2nd he will pay out 25,000 dollars in purse. Even has the payouts for each paying place in the finals listed already. He is located in S. Mn e-mail him from his site to ask him any questions, he is a good guy and actually asks the opinions of his racers!
skid

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby ice_racer_69 » December 9th, 2004, 1:16 pm

ATV- for the first time, i will say that i agree with you. Although you didn't specifically say it, your post basically summed up the fact that sno-cross is dying, whether or not that was the point you were TRYING to get across or not, i guess i don't know, but nonetheless, its a summation of what you wrote. People are realizing it a money blackhole. A lot of the small guys are going back to the grass roots organizations. XC and Ovals are on a comeback. And just LOOK at how big vintage is getting.
ice_racer_69

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby robfast500 » December 9th, 2004, 4:02 pm

you guys are callen the shots perfect. i'm racin' beginner snocross on my 500 this year and i'm runnen division 1 because the prices are so much cheaper than WSA.
Go fast ride a FIRECAT
robfast500

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby 728 » December 10th, 2004, 2:47 am

Buffalo River Race Park in Glyndon Minnesota isn't a bad place for beginners to wet their feet. You get lots of laps and the track last year was decent not just four corners and a tabletop. They only paid out in the pros but not sure if that is still the case. Also it is a one day race but some weekends they will hold what they call a double points weekend and hold a race on Sat. and then another on Sun. Their website is www.buffalorivermx.com They also do BMX, GoKarts and MX in the summer.

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby racingatvsleds » December 14th, 2004, 5:50 am

IceRacer 69, be careful if you agree with me. If you do you're going to bring the WScAm cronies out of the woodwork. They don't want anyone speaking the truth. All they want is for the entire racing fraternity to bow down to them. I am a past Sno Crosser who raced a circuit that eventually affiliated with the WScAm. The dues I paid didn't go back to the circuit, they went to the WScAm. However I was told that now I am a better racer because I had a decal to put on my sled, and had a membership card. The WScAm greed was enough to get me out of the sport. I still believe Sno Cross has its place, just like XC, Ice Ovals, Vintage, Drags, and Hillclimbs. The biggest thing is you need to make sure the circuits running the sport are looking at the long term future, and not the near term profits. The WScAm will eventually bury themselves, and it will be back to those that are into the sport for the love of the sport, and not for the money. The WScAm consists of people that did very little over the years to build the sport. Yet you look at other circuits and you will always find drivers, officials, and fans that believe in what they are doing, and are not doing it for the almighty dollar. That is why I am a fan of the new Division 1, CSRA, USSA, MIRA, and the people that have been a major part of Snowmobile Racing for a long time...the ISR.
racingatvsleds

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby racinfarmer » December 14th, 2004, 11:07 am

Slacking. Big time... They could at least take some hints from NASCAR!!! I.E. TV deal with LIVE races!!! I bet you could get a good TV audience...
This space left blank in memory of Animal, Doug, and every other snowmobiler who has lost their life participating in the sport they love.
racinfarmer

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby Bunzai » December 14th, 2004, 1:28 pm

ATV, you think Ken at CSRA is in it jusy for the love of the sport? Give your head a shake.
Bunzai

Is WSA Slacking?

Postby FreezurBurnt » December 15th, 2004, 12:46 am

Remember also it is the rags that are pushing the WSA idea into people heads

Because that is all you read about in the rags is WSA most people think the WSA is the big show

WSA is out there rip off and rape other circuits pain and simple
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board