Subscribe Today

Eagle River & USSA WELL Mainly Mr. Otto??????

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby PRO STK 145 » January 19th, 2005, 5:56 am

ALL THE CORNER WORKS AT ER HAD RED FLAGS AND RADIOS. NOBODY GOT SERIOUSLY HURT AND THE RACES WENT SMOOTH. All you people do is complain about ER. If you dont like it dont go.
PRO STK 145

Postby MM700 » January 19th, 2005, 6:15 am

I couldn't have said it better prostk 145...thank-you.
MM700

Postby xpitman » January 19th, 2005, 9:13 am

Well said on all points,Scott.
xpitman

Postby WFO80 » January 19th, 2005, 5:22 pm

GET A COMFORTABLE CHAIR CAUS I HAVE A LOT TO SAY.
I RACED AT EAGLE RIVER FOR THE 2ND TIME THIS YEAR, I STARTED OVAL RACING IN 1981 WHEN I PURCHASED A NEW 1981 340 SKI DOO SNO PRO IN THE CRATE FROM THE FACTORY. I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF A PRO JUST SOMEONE WHO HAS THE BUG AND I HAVE LEARNED ALOT OVER THE YEARS.
LAST YEAR I FINISHED 4TH IN SEMI PRO CHAMP.
THIS YEAR I ENTERED SEMI PRO CHAMP AND THE WC AND FINISHED 4TH IN SEMI PRO AGAIN.
I WILL PROBABLY NOT RUN SEMI PRO ANYMORE AS I THINK MY SLED IS COMPETETIVE ENOUGH TO RUN PRO, WHEN I GOT BACK INTO RACING IN 03 THE BUZZ WAS IF YOU GO TO A RACE YOU CAN ONLY RUN SEMI PRO OR PRO THE SAME WEEKEND NOT BOTH. BUT NO ORGANIZATION HAS ENFORCED IT, HOW ARE THE SEMI PRO DRIVERS GOING TO GET BETTER AND KEEP INTERESTED IF THE LIKES OF HOWARD GIFFORD ON A FREE RIDE SLED ARE IN SEMI PRO.

NOW EAGLE RIVER
I RAN MY HEATS ON SAT AND QUALIFIED FOR THE SEMI FINALS RAN THEM AND QUALIFIED FOR THE LCQ, WE CHECKED THE BOARD IN THE HOT PITS (SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED FROZEN PITS) AND THE LCQ WAS ON THE BOARD FOR RACE # 21 WE WROTE DOWN THE DESCRIPTION OF EVERY RACE IE: PRO STOCK 440 ETC. AND THE RACE NUMBER AND WENT BACK TO THE TRAILER TO KEEP WARM AND DO SOME LAST MINUTE WORK ON THE SLED AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS READY FOR THE LCQ AS THEY WERE ONLY TAKING THE FIRST 2 PLACES FOR THE WC. WE ARE WATCHING THE RACES AND SCRATCHING OFF THE RACE NUMBERS ON THE CLOSED CIRCUIT TV IN THE TRAILER (PRETTY COOL TO HAVE TV IN THE TRAILER) AND WERE JUST GETTING READY TO GO TO THE LINE ABOUT RACE 18 AS IT WAS TAKING A LONG TIME TO RUN RACES AS EA. WINNER WENT TO THE LINE, HAD A TALK WITH TED AND GOT HIS CHECKERED FLAG (VERY COOL) THEY WERE PLOWING THE TRACK AND AS USUAL THE CAMERA WAS FOCUSED ON THE FLAGS OR THE HAY BALES SO WE DID NOT REALLY KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON, BUT THE NEXT SCHEDULED RACE WAS # 18, LOTS OF TIME FOR US TO GET TO THE LINE AND MAKE IT FOR RACE # 21.
WHEN THE VOICE CAME ON THE TV AND SAID " WE ARE ABOUT TO RUN THE LCQ FOR THE WC" SO I TOLD MY CREW CHEIF GET ON THE PIT BIKE AND GET DOWN TO THE LINE AND TELL THEM WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE" HE BLASTS OFF, I THROW MY HELMET ON AND DRIVE MY SLED TO THE HOT PIT, WHEN I GET THERE, ABOUT 2 MIN. LATER THEY HAD ALREADY RUN THE RACE, MY CREW CHEIF ASKED FOR 2 MIN. THEY SAID NO !!!
THEY SURE GAVE PJ AT LEAST 2 MIN. WHEN HIS SLED WOULD NOT FIRE.
WHY DO THEY PRINT THE RACES WITH NUMBERS AND POST THEM ON A BOARD THEN HAVE A BIG POST WITH THE CURRENT NUMBER OF THE RACE THATS RUNNING IF THEY ARE NOT GOING BY IT ?
THE SYSTEM WOULD WORK IF THEY STUCK TO IT
WHY DOES THE USSA CHANGE RACE NUMBERS WHEN EVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT AND NOT LET ANYONE KNOW ???, I GO INTO THE PIT BUILDING AND TALK TO KORINEK WITH THE RACE # 21 SHEET IN MY HAND OFF THE BOARD AND ASK WHY WAS IT RUN AT RACE # 18 HE SHOWS ME A TYPED PEICE OF PAPER AND SAYS IT WAS SCHEDULED FOR 1:00 PM (THE RACE WAS RUN AT ABOUT 1:40)
AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE RUNNING 45 MIN. LATE I SHOULD BE THERE JUST IN CASE WHEN THE BOARD SAYS RACE # 21
MY PROBLEM IS: AM I SUPPOSED TO BRING MY SLED TO THE PIT AT 12:45 AND STAND AROUND AND FREEZE MY FINGERS SO WHEN I FINALLY GET ON MY SLED I CANT HOLD ON ?, WHY DO THEY HAVE A BOARD WITH RACE NUMBERS ON IT ?
WHY CANT THE COMMENTATORS ANNOUNCE RACE NUMBERS ON THE TV ?
WHY CANT THEY ANNOUNCE 15 MIN. BEFORE THE RACE THAT THERE HAS BEEN A CNANGE AND THE LCQ IS BEING RUN AT RACE # 18 INSTEAD OF # 21 ?
WHY CANT SOME OFFICIALS JUMP ON THEIR DONATED ATV'S AND GO TO THE TRAILERS OF THE RACERS THATS ARE IN THE RACE AND TELL THEM THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE ?
I SPENT A PILE OF MONEY TO COME TO THIS RACE AND HAD EARNED THE RIGHT TO RUN THE LCQ.
DOES USSA THINK ITS OK TO &^%$# WITH THE RACERS MONEY
I WAS READY TO CHOKE SOMEONE
WHY CANT THE COMMENTATORS PRONOUNCE THE RACERS NAMES CORRECTLY, EVERY ONE MAKES THE OCCASIONAL MISTAKE YES BUT REPEATADLY AND THERE ARE AT LEAST 2 OF THEM, MAYBE ONE COULD CORRECT THE OTHER, SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES AND ITS NOT A BIG DEAL, LIKE CALLING JOE PRESTA
(PESTA) OR HOWARD GIFFORD (GRIFFITH) OR WHEN GARY MOYLE IS LEADING A HEAT RACE CALLING HIM (MOULTON) FOR THE ENTIRE RACE
GET ON THE BALL BOYS
WOULDNT IT MAKE SENSE TO HAVE THE ANNOUNCERS SAY THE RACE NUMBER AND MENTION THE NUMBER AND THE RACE INFO AT THE END OF EVERY RACE TO HELP THE DRIVERS IN THE PITS.
IT SEEMS THE USSA THINKS WE SHOULD JUST PUT OUR SLEDS OUT IN THE MORNING AND WAIT FOR OUR RACE TO COME, WHY DO YOU THINK WE SPEND UP TO 100,000.000 ON A TRUCK AND TRAILER WITH HEAT, WE NEED TO SPEND ALL THE TIME POSSIBLE IN THE TRAILER MAKING SURE THE SLED IS 110 % READY FOR THE RACE, WE THERE TO WIN NOT JUST SHOW UP.
EAGLE RIVER MAKES UP THIS FANCY PROGRAM WITH THE RACE SHEDULE IN IT SAYS SEE THE PRO'S SET UP THEIR MACHINES ON THURSDAY MORNING , THERE WAS NOT PRACTICE, EVERY RACE WE RAN WAS OFF BY NUMBERS SOME UP TO 10
HOW THE $#@#(*& IS A RACER SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN TO SHOW UP WHEN THE USSA DOESNT EVEN KNOW
LAST YEAR THEY GAVE US PRINTED RACE SHEDULES, THIS YEAR NOTHING
THEY NEED TO COME TO CANADA TO SEE HOW THE BOYS IN BEAUSEJOUR RUN RACES (AT THE DRIVERS MEETING EVERYONE GETS A LEGAL SIZE PEICE OF PAPER WITH EVERY RACE ON IT AND EVERYONES NAME WHO IS IN THE RACE AND IT THERE IS A CHANGE THEY COME TO YOUR TRAILER AND TELL YOU, EVEN ASK IF ITS OK - THATS HOW RACES SHOULD BE RUN, WITH RESPECT AND REGARD FOR THE RACE TEAMS, USSA TAKE A LESSON FROM THE BEAUSEJOUR RACES, YOU'LL LEARN ALOT)
HOW IS IT THAT A BUNCH OF VOLUNTEERS IN MANITOBA CAN DO IT AND THE USSA AND EAGEL RIVER (WORLD CHAMPINSHIP) CANT.
TED ANNOUNCES AT THE END OF THE WC FOR ALL THE FANS TO COME TO THE EAGLE RIVER INN FOR THE AWARDS BANQUET, THERE WASNT EVEN ENOUGH ROOM FOR THE RACERS, MANY WERE STANDING IN THE HALLWAY
THEN THE RACERS HAD TO TELL TED WHAT PLACE THEY FINISHED IN AS HIS SCORERS HAD IT ALL MIXED UP, (YEAH THE W O R L D CHAMPIONSHIPS)

BECAUSE EAGLE RIVER WAS SO DISORGANIZED WE AND OTHER RACERS ASKED ALOT OF QUESTIONS, MAYBE IF THERE WAS A LITTLE MORE ORGANIZATION AND INFORMATION TO THE RACERS SO MANY QUESTIONS WOULD NOT HAVE TO BE ASKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS A LITTLE ORGANIZATION, MAKE A SCHEDULE AND STICK TO IT, IF YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CHANGE LET THE RACERS KNOW, IS THAT SO HARD ???, IF YOU TALK TO ANYONE THATS RACED EAGLE RIVER, THEY ALL HATE THE USSA, I CAN SEE WHY
IF YOU TALK TO ANY0NE THAT RACES WSA EXTREME ICE, THERE NOT ALL HAPPY BUT WALLY AND HIS CREW ARE GODS COMPARED TO THE USSA AND THE WAY THEY RAN EAGLE RIVER, AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE A RACE WHERE THE ORGANIZATION CATERS TO THE RACERS GO TO BEAUSEJOUR, HEATED BATHROOMS IN THE PITS, CONCESSION IN THE PITS AND PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT THE RACERS

HEATHER
I DIDNT SEE WHAT HAPPENED BUT CAN ONLY IMAGINE, IF ANY OF YOU NAY SAYERS HAVE EVER BEEN ON AN ICE OVAL AND ESPECIALLY EAGLE RIVER YOU WOULD REALIZE THE TRACK IS RUTTED UP SO BAD YOUR SKIS SOMETIMES GO WHERE YOU DONT WANT THEM TO AND SOMETIMES THINGS HAPPEN, I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO HAVE KNOW HEATHERS FAMILY FOR THE LAST 2 SEASONS AND FIND THEM TO BE GREAT PEOPLE AND THAT INCIDENT WAS PROBABLY JUST RACING
ITS A ROUGH TRACK AND THINGS SOMETIMES HAPPEN
DONT JUDGE PEOPLE UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS

JOE PRESTA # 80
WFO80

Postby Norsk » January 19th, 2005, 5:40 pm

I have to say to anyone that has replied so far or who thinks that they are going to reply after reading this last post, should really think about your statements as this is about as true a picture of the disrespect that you get a ER! It isn't that the promoters and flagman don't care about safety or comforts, they do, its about the arrogance that comes with thinking they are ruling over idiots! All this becausethey own the track and run the organization that has the coveted "World Championship"!

It's a great race at a great track, everyone knows it! Just looking for a little respect and it isn't anymore work to give it, it is actually more work trying to smooth things over or lose racers after it is over!
Norsk

Postby ice_racer_69 » January 20th, 2005, 4:53 am

Well stated joe!!! Many people missed heats due to their lack of organization.

Like you said, it was either stand in the paddock and freeze your arse off and wait, or, risk staying warm and waiting in the trailer. My crew went the walkie-talkie route and i stayed in the trailer till it came time, they radio-ed me and i was up there lickity split.

Still can't see why they can't try NEW things once in a while??? Everyone says all those guys are on hear reading these posts?? well, many great ideas come about from these message boards. LISTEN!!
ice_racer_69

Postby Bob Riebe » January 20th, 2005, 5:17 am

Shut the damn CAP-LOCK off, I have a 20 inch screen and it is hard to read on this, much less those who have smaller screens.

If you want to emphasize use bold. If you do not know how to use bold, [b]learn[/b]

Use a little courtesy, please.

Bob
Bob Riebe

Postby Racefan99 » January 20th, 2005, 6:27 am

Presta thanks for that FINALLY a racer speaks up.

I remember being at eagle river in 2002 & 2003 as part of a pit crew back when Xtreme Ice and USSA rac it together well somewhat USSA wanted all the "SPOTLIGHT" as far as workers, but i remember one of the Xtreme Ice guys coming around to all the trailers each day and handing me and fellow pit memebers or racers the actually schudle for the day revised and everytthing so our team would know what had been changed. It was nice to actually have a person care about us and realize that we well not me but our driver puts on the show there. Alot of you have said that the WSA can not run a race and dont care for there drivers, well I think Joe and IR69 can agree that come to a WSA Xtreme Ice race and you will see that they actually care about the drivers and call for them tell them about changes, and will give them time if needed to get ready if a change in the schudle does come up. Hopefully this weekend at the 525 race guys/girls that havent ran with Xtreme Ice will notice this and see that Wally Scheer & his faimly and workers, try to run the races and treat everyone as a FAMILY.
Racefan99

Postby WFO80 » January 20th, 2005, 9:24 am

SORRY BOB

i'm a racer not a typist, my left pinky gets sore if i turn the cap on and off too much
thanks for your reply
hope to see you at a race sometime
stop by the trailer and warm up
Joe Presta # 80
WFO80

Postby team obsolete » January 20th, 2005, 9:29 am

Joe presta. Thanks for TELLING how it is!! AS you stated Respect and coutersy should go both way's. C.P.T.C. and W.S.A. do treat thier Racers with respect, so it a joy to Race with them & SUPPORT THEM! I SUPPOSE THAT IS WHY EAGLE RIVER, seems to be getting so much flak, Because when compared to other venues, the W.C. at Eagle just GIVE'S you LESS! But it is the world championship, you have to be there!!!! AS a fan this year, the facilities are fantastic and very friendly help, at the ticket booth's and concession stand!! What the Racers Are Asking for is, The same Respect that we receive from other venues and what E.R. gives to the fans will be shown to us!! Nothing more or Less!! Thanks Again, Chip # 156
team obsolete

PreviousNext

Return to General Racing Board