Subscribe Today

congratulations to Corey Davidson!

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby rzmod » February 6th, 2005, 9:43 am

What a load of crap! medical reasons.. there wasnt a racer there that bought that story.not to take anything from Corey, he is an iron man,I guess Polaris and Pro 5 have to get it any way they can. Sad, very sad...
rzmod

Postby 41chris » February 6th, 2005, 10:06 am

rzmod you don't think there has been Racers that have done that before.
Corey and Gabe are two guys that deserve win it they train and work hard at what they do. So don't give me that stuff about health reasons.
[b]chris
41chris

Postby XC » February 6th, 2005, 10:23 am

I THINK TEAM 16 MADE UP THE******ABOUT MEDICAL REASONS NOT RZMOD.
AS FAR AS OTHER TEAMS CHEATING BEFORE YOUR PROBLEY RIGHT.(SO THAT MAKES IT OK?)
XC

Postby bs » February 6th, 2005, 10:56 am

its not cheating. its the rules love them or hate them. its done every year. and it was done by many teams this year also.
bs

Postby rzmod » February 6th, 2005, 11:47 am

When corey"s sled broke, all of a sudden Bunke"s back up driver was unable to ride becuase of "medical reasons" .. arm pump, whatever. So Corey jumps on the # 16 sled ( I believe this is the same sled Corey raced at Runway park the week before!)and rides the last part of the race for the win. I agree that they werent cheating, just taking advantage of the rules that say you can pick up another driver if one of yours gets injured or cannot continue due to "medical reasons"
Both sleds were from the Pro5 polaris trailer.It leaves a sour taste in my mouth, how about you Gabe...
rzmod

Postby bs » February 6th, 2005, 12:31 pm

its not the first time its been won this way. like it or not " me not" injured driver should have to go to the hosptial as far as I'm concerned but till they change the rule what can you do.
bs

Postby donethat » February 6th, 2005, 12:47 pm

10-4 on the illegal switch. I'm 10 feet away. No one was feeling ill untill Corey's sled broke. Nothing like a fresh Pro driver.
donethat

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » February 7th, 2005, 12:55 am

Rules are rules folks. Congratulations to Gabe, Josh, and Corey for a awesome win by them. Pro-5 great job on your part also. The track was rough at the soo and who else wouldn't have liked to have Corey on their sled. Folks their isn't a better driver than Corey Davidson in the rough period. Watch and learn the guy always is running the better lines and tames a rough track and makes it look effortless.
Talked to a few fellows from the soo that didn't like the medical clause, and talked to quite a few that thought that the yamaha's have a power advantage. Who knows maybe we will have some rule changes next year. Maybe not and to me it sounded like it was a great soo race, with quite a few spectators to boot! To me that sounds good for enduro racing too.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby Long time cat man » February 7th, 2005, 2:37 am

Sounds like typical racing to me! Rules are made to try n keep everyone on the same playing field, but most will bend the rules as far as possible without breaking them. Happens in all forms of racing as far as I can see! Many know how to break rules without being caught, and if yer not caught, than I guess ya didn't break the rule.
Long time cat man

Postby M10rules » February 7th, 2005, 3:20 am

Well, lets talk about breaking the rules now....I thought no one from teh pit crews was allowed on the track after the green flag drops and definently not allowed to go onto the track near the sled when the red flag is out...sure didn't stop #02 and #54 teams though. :B
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Next

Return to General Racing Board