Subscribe Today

Watersmeet Results

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Watersmeet Results

Postby Nikkil2102 » March 6th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Sundays Finals
Champ 440:
1st-PJ
2nd-Ludwig
3rd-Schultz

Pro Sprint 440
1st-Ludwig

Saturday Final
600 Open:
1st-Ludwig
2nd-PJ
3rd-Loritz

Track held up the best it could considering the almost 50 degree weather.
Nikkil2102

Watersmeet Results

Postby WPT » March 7th, 2005, 7:00 am

WIENANDT Performance Technology would like to congradulate many of it's customers for thier performances at Watersmeet MI

Sprint 380 Junior
2nd Chelsea Chown, maybe 1st depending on ISR rules of problem the 1st.

Sprint 600 Junior
1st Derek Kumrow -SkiDoo
2nd Drew Ludwig of Fond du Lac - Cat
3rd Nick Van Strydonk - Polaris

Semi-Pro Sprint 440
1st Jeff Lugwig of Fond du Lac Cat

Pro-Sprint 440
1st Jeff Ludwig of Freedom

Sprint 600
1st Jeff Ludwig of Freedom

Semi-Pro Champ
1st Brad Bettin, driving for Ludwig racing of Freedom

Champ
2nd Jeff Ludwig
3rd Matt Schultz

600 open
1st Jeff Ludwig

Great job everyone.
My special thanks to the Ludwig racing team.

WPT will be reviewing applications for a limited number of Contract Oval and SnoX teams for 2006.
Send infor to WPT@charter.net
WPT

Watersmeet Results

Postby Yoo » March 7th, 2005, 7:13 am

Congratulations going out to PJ. I can't thank all the drivers enough for making it to Watersmeet. Special thanks to all the new drivers that made it. Good to see Scheurer back!

Considering the 50 degrees, the track held up. That says a lot to the Lac Vieux Desert Staff for all the work and time they put into the ice oval.

The Snow Cross racing was Unbelievable! I don't know what it was, but this past weekend was some of the best Sno Cross Racing that I have seen all year. The speeds, the passing, the jumps...everyone of the Sno Crossers have to be really proud of the fantastic show you put on. Again thanks! You're the greatest.

It was great seeing Ted back in action! "Atta-boy's" goes to Jerry and the entire USSA Staff for running a safe race. Tom did an excellent job filling in for me on Saturday. He is an excellent announcer.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for making it to Watersmeet!

Skip
Yoo

Watersmeet Results

Postby hal-bent » March 7th, 2005, 9:40 am

WPT, Do you know what the tech question is on the 380 sprit and who's sled?
[red]WKCR
THE FASTEST KIDS ON ICE[/red]
hal-bent

Watersmeet Results

Postby WPT » March 7th, 2005, 10:06 am

Yes but I don't know if I should talk about it.
Let me ask this, Does a 380 Sprint sled need to be using a stock qualifed engine?
MW
WPT

Watersmeet Results

Postby hal-bent » March 7th, 2005, 10:21 am

I beleave that's what the rules state's? Right?
[red]WKCR
THE FASTEST KIDS ON ICE[/red]
hal-bent

Watersmeet Results

Postby watcher » March 7th, 2005, 1:19 pm

Kumrow MotorSport would like to thank "WPT" for all of his Knowledge and Help in getting Derek #468 his first USSA Jr 3 Sprint 600 Championship!

We would also like to thank Gary's Aligment Shop, HPE, Woody's, Saf-Jac, Miller Power Equpiment, Scott C, Mike P, Noel C, Roger & Vicki B, Larry K, Brad "JJ" M, Chris C, Jerry K, Brillo, Tom K, Jerry M, Mike W, Abby K and Sue K.

See you all the USSA Banquet at WatersMeet in April!

watcher
watcher

Watersmeet Results

Postby lapper101 » March 7th, 2005, 2:57 pm

I would have to say that the track was awsome for the whether they had to deal with. The high lite of the whole weekend had to be the mechanic race on suday. Had some snowcrossers try ovals and vise versa. We also got to see some mechanics try it for the fist time along with some old racers ( Jim fenhus, Al Fenhus and Jerry Ryden). It looked like Al Fenhus had been practicing for this race, he just walked away, althought Jerry Ryden was hagging in there pretty good on that IQ until he pulled off, maybe he might have to run the full season next year.And well the snowcross that was also quite interesting had some oval racers out there and it was almost as funny as the oval race. Great to see everyone kick back and have some fun at the end of the year, it was a great ending for the season.
lapper101

Watersmeet Results

Postby wsasux » March 8th, 2005, 8:37 am

Was at the races on Saturday. Excellent show. Great sight, and excellent track. As much as I hate to say this, but even the Sno Cross wasn't bad. It put the slo cross races next to us in Ishpeming earlier this year to shame. However I'm still an ice oval fan. Pretty much all MIRA, but USSA show was good. Just wish we would have had some MIRA racers race. Doesn't the USSA have any Yamaha RX-1's running?
wsasux

Watersmeet Results

Postby TWag1 » March 10th, 2005, 10:00 am

Skip,

Working with you was a lot of fun, but next season if we have the opportunity to team up again, I'm bringing some of Grandma's Famous Honey and Lemon sore throat formula for you!

The Watersmeet venue certainly has the potential to continue to grow into something really special. Most of the people I saw were having a pretty darn good time there all weekend long..a REALLY good time in some cases!!!

A pat on the back for your many years of promoting not just USSA and the MASTERS, but the sport as a whole throughout the MidWest. As you pointed out, a good group of people to be around.staff, teams and fans alike.

Looking forward to the banquet!

TW
TWag1

Next

Return to General Racing Board