Subscribe Today

Sled or Driver? What wins a race?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby maxiracer » June 5th, 2001, 5:09 am

Lets get this one out in the open, here on the racing board where it belongs. I look at this two ways, in STOCK racing the best driver wins, barring bad luck (ie: crashes) the BEST driver is going to win, regardless of what brand he rides. Stock racing is so close equipment wise at the pro level, since the rules are so strict, that can be no other explanation for a riders sucess than TALENT and LUCK. In MOD racing, the story changes somewhat, when you throw massive amounts of money at a sled, and build the best machine in a class, you make it possible for a lesser talanted driver to beat a better driver, I've seen it in ovals in my old circuit and in many others associations also. Heck for that matter in all forms of racing. So when you make an arguement about what or who wins a race, be sure you look at what kind of race is being run. I sure there are plenty of you who disagee, but lets make this an intelligent arguement. I will say again as I have for many months, Its the DRIVER who wins races in stock racing, Its more machine in the MOD classes, the driver MUST have the talant to use what he has, but better equipment(read MONEY) is a hard hurdle to overcome.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby FreezurBurnt » June 5th, 2001, 7:01 am

Cat riders mentality LOL

[red]If Cat wins its the sled

If Doo wins its the driver

If Pol wins the world will end and run for your lives:)
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Postby Snocrossfan » June 5th, 2001, 8:27 am

Call me stupid or whatever you want, but here is my opinion. I think it's a combination of both sled and driver. You can have the best sled made, but if the you don't have a good driver it's not going to win any races. You can be the best driver out there, but if you don't have a good sled you aren't going to win any races either. That's my opinion. But what do I know anyways? I'm just a girl, right?
Snocrossfan

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » June 5th, 2001, 8:33 am

[b] lmfao i agree with everything freeze said lol. but really i think its more rider than sled.[/b]

[red]polaris sucks[/red]

[blue]ice,snow,or grass ski-doo will still kick your ass.[/blue]
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby BeeeArrrr » June 5th, 2001, 11:07 am

Well fan , you made alot of sence there.
The faster the Better!!!
BeeeArrrr

Postby Snow68Chick28 » June 5th, 2001, 12:28 pm

snocrossfan-what was the point of sayin ur just a girl? im a girl too, and i know as much, and am just as into snowcross as any other person...i think that what u said about how a racer can be good, but without a good sled-they are nothing. But it is still mostly the racer. I think that Tucker could still do good on basically any sled, becuase he is so talented.(i guess blair could too, but i don't really like him) don't get me wrong though, i don't have "green blinders" on or anything. I have favorite racers, not favorite factories.
Snow68Chick28

Postby Snocrossfan » June 5th, 2001, 1:10 pm

The reason I said I was only a girl was because there are some people on here who think that girls don't know anything. I'm not going to start naming names (mtc) or anything...lol. Anyways, it sounds like someone kinda likes Tucker here...you guys can start teasing her about him and not pick on me so much...
Snocrossfan

Postby spedracr297 » June 6th, 2001, 1:31 am

Driver puts the gas in, Driver pulls it over, Driver pinches the throttle, nuff said!

*This Message was edited on 06-Jun-01 05:10 PM by spedracr297*
russ salek
spedracr297

Postby MxZ MoonZ » June 6th, 2001, 9:16 am

Uhh the sled wins the race. All what the driver is doing is accelerating and going foward, turning, and what not. It is the sled is what wins and whats in the sled. haha thats very true freeze. oh by the way, we need more women racers...we'll take you guys to school! haha you wait and see!

*This Message was edited on 06-Jun-01 02:18 PM by MxZ MoonZ*
[yellow]The one[/yellow]...The only: [yellow]moonZ[/yellow]

[b]Eat. Sleep. Ridin' Ski-Doo.[/b]

Ski-Doo: Put something exciting between your legs.
MxZ MoonZ

Postby maxiracer » June 7th, 2001, 12:33 am

Your gonna take me to school? Is that a promise, I've been beat by just about everybody else in my career, why not a girl too... LOL at least you ride good equipment! Now if the sled wins the race, you should be able to put a terrible rider on the best stock sled and he should win against the other brands, doesn't happen dear, the best rider will win, you have to have the skill, experiance, and desire to win. The sled just makes the job easier. BTW where is Ottawa Lake? and what circuit are you racing? maxi
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Next

Return to General Racing Board