Subscribe Today

Oval race on mile track???

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby OldCatRacer » October 12th, 2001, 11:46 pm

I see in the latest Snoweek that the WSA plans on an oval race at Canterbury in Feb on the horse track. Now that will steal the show away from the slowcross guys. What do you think??? Sounds like suicide to me.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby Ropepuller » October 13th, 2001, 3:00 am

OCR, do you remember Milwaukee? There were a few bad wrecks there, but not of the type I expected. Wasn't Syracuse NY a mile also? Never went there but thought they raced the mile at the fairgrounds too. On another topic I will post a couple links to kids kitty cat and 120 racing for you later in the day, the sites will have rules and class divisions for you if you want to get the GF's kid started.
[b]When in doubt.....whip it out[/b]
Ropepuller

Postby OldCatRacer » October 13th, 2001, 8:46 am

Hey RP I never got to the mile but a friend of mine said the old 650's were spitting out tracks and of course then there were no brakes. Newer stuff won't do that. I hope they put a lot of haybales along the guard rails!!!
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby Raceboy28 » October 13th, 2001, 1:13 pm

I will be racing there and think it will be a blast! So you go 110 insted of a 100 down the strait, its not that much different.
Raceboy28

Postby maxiracer » October 14th, 2001, 10:09 am

Hey Lance, the Soo is a mile track, with pretty tight corners, most mishaps happened after the 150 lap mark due to rough conditions, not due to the high speeds, so I think racing at Canterbury, which MIRA has done before (1998 I believe) on stock sleds won't be too bad. MIRA had races at the Muskegon Horse race track, which was a big 5/8 mile track, with a good amount of banking, I could keep my F-56 pinned all the way around that track, could do the same with my MX-Z too. Man, I wish I could race ovals full time again! I really really miss it!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby OldCatRacer » October 14th, 2001, 2:24 pm

The part I ment was the outer rail looks like a regular dog track railing which isn't a complete fence type.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby Drifthopper » October 15th, 2001, 4:45 am

Didn't get my latest issue yet, but that would be great for the oval guys. I would like to see that. Big track, great facility. Maybe thats what oval racing needs. I like sno-crash, but oval racing has been around a lot longer, kind-a something I grew up with.
Support your local club!
www.drifthoppers.com
Drifthopper

Postby snogoer7c » October 25th, 2001, 11:16 am

i dont like oval racing, grass drags, or water cross. with snocross, these sleds are something that you catch some air on, oval is going fast on a sled that only runs ovals. snocross is the closest to factory, trail ready sleds. oval racers have off-set tracks, and are slammed so low they couldnt ride the smoothest trail anywhere.

LIVE ON SNOCROSS
when hell freezes over, i'll snowmobile there too.
snogoer7c

Postby ice_racer_440 » October 25th, 2001, 12:15 pm

I have raced there a few years ago. In the 1998-1999 race season. It was a blast and it was called the superman race. It was funner than hell. And I am going to have fun again.

fella 11
ice_racer_440

Return to General Racing Board