Subscribe Today

Goodwin Clutch kit

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Goodwin Clutch kit

Postby Texzx » January 2nd, 2002, 1:37 am

OK here it goes. I got my goodwin kit put in this last week. The kit is for a '99 MXZx 440. Anyways I has a snocross race this weekend and had nothing but troubles with it. First off the sled now idles at about 4900 RPM!! Second off it has a horrible bog but it is intermittent. Examples would be coming off the holeshot it would bog and then kick in and just have tremendous power then come off the landing on a jump and the bog is back. Is there something with the carbs that have to be done or is it all in the clutch??

Thanks.
Texzx

Goodwin Clutch kit

Postby Flatout » January 2nd, 2002, 5:54 am

Your'e a snocrosser eh?
Get your dad to look at it! It sounds like you dont even know that idle speed is not affected by clutch calibration. Maybe you can have him start it and test it for you while you wait in the trailer and gel your hair!!
Flatout

Goodwin Clutch kit

Postby Ghetto » January 2nd, 2002, 11:40 pm

I really don't understand what such a high idle has to do with the clutch kit. For the high idle I would get my carbs scynched properly. Use the old drill bit trick to sete the carbs. Also, by what you described about the bog off of a landing it sounds like you have a problem with your needle an ceet. Possibly sticking or just letting extra feul by on hard impacts. A friend of mine informed me that the '98 Sno pro's had a similar problem. Arctic remedied it with a different needle an ceet.
Ghetto

Goodwin Clutch kit

Postby swissbliss » January 3rd, 2002, 7:06 am

WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL GOODWIN AND ASK THEM!
jamie stancil
swissbliss

Goodwin Clutch kit

Postby CraigWamback » January 8th, 2002, 6:07 am

Try and losen your rear cluch spring a hole or 2. that might help some of the bog. your rear cluch might be too tight.
CraigWamback

Return to General Racing Board