Subscribe Today

Eagle River Favorites

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Eagle River Favorites

Postby Flatout » January 8th, 2002, 7:11 am

Ok Eagle is getting close and even though a lot of teams got soaked last week they will be dried out and ready for the Derby. Olah team is onfire and either Chris or Jeremy are my favorites. Jacques is finally out testing so he will be at least as fast as last year. Loritz doesn't seem comfortable yet and Wahl seems to be still sorting things out. PJ Wand..... seems to be setteling in the cat quite well so he may be a threat. Arpin seems to have something to prove and is definitely able to go 25 laps flatout so he may just be the youngest ever derby winner.

Any one want to pick the top three?
Hortness, Villeneuve, Arpin, in that order are my pic!

*This Message was edited on 08-Jan-02 12:13 PM by Flatout*
Flatout

Eagle River Favorites

Postby maxiracer » January 8th, 2002, 7:15 am

I'll venture J.J. 1st,T. Wahl 2nd, and Loritz 3rd. I'd love to see Jocko win, but I got to beleive if it's warm next week, the track will be rough and Jocko will be hard pressed to hang with the younger guys.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Eagle River Favorites

Postby yamaha-sucks » January 9th, 2002, 3:01 am

1=jeff ludwig or terry wahl
2=j. johnson
3=dale loirtz (spelling?)
4=chris hortness
5=either jeff ludwig or terry wahl depending on who wins
yamaha-sucks

Eagle River Favorites

Postby AHF928 » January 10th, 2002, 1:02 am

I have to go with the Hooper entry, they were good last year and had a case of bad luck, I think they will be in there at the end.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Eagle River Favorites

Postby bracne » January 11th, 2002, 8:35 am

Hooper will have at least 2 and maybe 3 Champs at ER. 29NE Philip Moulton will be on the new and improved 02 Hooper Special. Racer Boy 28 will be on last years. Not sure about Jim Schmidt.
Scott C. Lanpher
bracne

Eagle River Favorites

Postby NorthernSkunk » January 11th, 2002, 6:45 pm

If the hooper cats ain't first I think a Johnson, Villeneuve, Hortness finish would be cool.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Eagle River Favorites

Postby 29NE » January 12th, 2002, 11:55 am

bracne, just talked to John and he said Jim is on a doo and that Charlie Nolunbach is on John's sled from three years ago and is going to Eagle. Tommorow is the big day..Talk to you later..pip
29NE

Eagle River Favorites

Postby Slednut » January 12th, 2002, 2:18 pm

Chris of Olah Racing has placed 1st or 2nd in every race he's entered this season. The ones he got 2nd in, his partner Jeremy took 1st. I think these 2 guys will have it all wrapped up this year.
Some call it Custom,[blue] Others call it Modified,[blue][red] Most call it insane![red][green] I call it FUN!!![green][yellow]
Stock, Why stop there?[yellow]
Slednut

Eagle River Favorites

Postby AHF928 » January 14th, 2002, 2:53 am

I guess I should have specified the Awesone Phil ride as my favorite. ER has taken its toll over the years on a lot of "sure things" so even though the Loah team is very strong I still think John and the Guys at Hooper will bring it back east this year.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Eagle River Favorites

Postby SNO_DAWG 315 » January 16th, 2002, 10:10 am

From USSA Plymouth race, Loritz doesn't look real good, but Adams does. Ramesh looks to be struggling with motor, he can ride but motor seems a little shy. Schmidt would be my favorite, due to his privateer attitude, but I don't think he can pull it off ( he did win the friday night at Plymouth, but real short track). Of course Wahl and Arpin are always tough, but I think that Hortness and Johnston are best choice.

So my picks are Hortness, Johnston, Adams, Schmidt
in that order.
SNO_DAWG 315

Next

Return to General Racing Board