Subscribe Today

01 ZRT 600 sno-cross modification

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby lyle7289 » January 28th, 2002, 10:40 am

Can anyone help me?? My 6 yr old races a Z-120 in sno-X and I would love to race with him. I have been riding for years and have raced in the past. I have only seen the Arctic Cat ZR twin's at the races. The problem is I have the heavier ZRT 600 triple. can anyone help me with some ideas on modifications to make me a little more competitive (weight or suspension). I would love to get another sled but that kind of cash is not in the budget....thanks for your help!!!!
lyle7289

Postby lyle7289 » January 28th, 2002, 2:07 pm

Anyone??? I have made no mods to the sled as of yet and am looking for advise...I have already made plans to clutch and pipe the triple and replace the can to lighten her up...I really need some suspension suggestions.????
lyle7289

Postby prosno » January 28th, 2002, 2:16 pm

If your sled is an 01 you would b better of selling it and just buying a fan cooled sno crosser to first get started. You would spend far less money doing that than changing you zert around. plus i can guarentee if you were on a sno-x track on that fan you would pass somebody riding a big heavy sled like a zrt. And also the sled wont likely take the beating its gonna get. Just not a sno-cross sled sorry. The cheaper route to take and be competive would be to start with a fan.
prosno

Return to General Racing Board