Subscribe Today

xcr800 modifications

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

xcr800 modifications

Postby Polaris XCR800 » February 6th, 2002, 11:03 am

I race ATV's and just bought a polaris. I was dragracing last week and was wondering what to do to help hook up. I dropped my straps all the way down, took the blocks out, stiffened my suspension, I'm geared down one tooth, and I'm running 196 pics. Everything else is stock. Other sleds take me about 2-3 sleds for about 600' then I pass them. I was thinking about SLP exhaust, heads, etc., but is there anything else. Maybe little tricks. I'm still not pulling the skis off the ground. Does anyone know about the best pipes for these sleds? What about weight reduction? Is there a way to shave some weight. I like to get air, and it'll help on suspension and acceleration.

*This Message was edited on 06-Feb-02 04:05 PM by Polaris XCR800*
Polaris XCR800

xcr800 modifications

Postby polarisman415 » February 7th, 2002, 6:56 am

Why would you stiffen your susp. If you want to get the holeshot then you losen it??? I have 0 picks and my XCR skis still get about 6inchs of the ground???
The XCR800 Kicks ass
polarisman415

xcr800 modifications

Postby Polaris XCR800 » February 7th, 2002, 11:11 am

Loosening the suspension will give you traction? I race atv's and stiffening the suspension makes you hook up. I have time tomorrow to try that, thanks for the info. I'll be trying different suspension setups and dialing in the motor tomorrow. Anbody have any other hints?
Polaris XCR800

Return to General Racing Board