Subscribe Today

JAN. 2003-and 2004 Tug Hill Cruisin Results- Update Monday 3

Use this board to post trail reports in your area only!

JAN. 2003-and 2004 Tug Hill Cruisin Results- Update Monday 3/15/04

Postby YAMAMAMA » October 6th, 2002, 1:53 pm

Hey now, I have not seen this sock puppet thing.
YAMAMAMA

Postby zr800newyork » October 8th, 2002, 3:23 am

Y-ma you ask Artic about that I plead the 5th...
I've had three e-mails about motel/rates but I can't work out and signifigant "deals" until I have some names to take down and numbers to work with. I plan on contacting restaurants for meeting/eating i.e. a "killer" buffet etc. even for those that are on a day trip...'tseller@northnet.org' AND I request imput
to make this fun for everyone- in my openiong suggestion I listed my thinking for the when/where etc. please review and let's make this a ride for and by "everyone" remember that old expression "you'll get what you ask for"...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Postby hilldweller » October 26th, 2002, 12:08 am

Back to the top for all to enjoy.
2002 ZR800 CCE (carbed)
hilldweller

Postby zr800newyork » October 26th, 2002, 3:25 am

SUMMARY/UPDATE OCT 25- SATURDAY- NOON

April 30 was the opening post suggestions and reasons for dates. Since then 1724 people have checked this out. I did not notice the 6/19 post by Artic Ed "I'm planning on Feb" the next post was five weeks later 7/26- during that gap plans were preceeding. I did see the Oct 3rd post "BTW
I still think the date is too early". That was obviously 3 1/2 months later...

About 2 weeks ago other trasher posts- started appearing and I then realized a conflict was brewing. I e-mailed Artic Ed and said I would bow
out. The "trasher ride" originated with Ed and I
apologized to him for the conflicts...he has asked
me to help make the Feb ride bigger and better I
will assist him, as he wants.

This past week with encouragement/prodding from nearly a dozen people I have decided YESTERDAY
to sponsor a ride- NOT the trasher ride and NOT
TS's ride. Your ride folks!!

"TUG HILL CRUISIN'" JAN 8-12 trail ride center
Crowfoot Hill Inn...working on souvenir shirts,
ride locations, schedules, group leaders, dining
discounts, trophy awards banquet, will fix a deposit amount, remember alternative dates if trails are shot, have several rental spots avialable is the Edge is not your desired spot.

Early Bird arrival social hour: River Trail Restaurant in Lyons Falls- later meet & greet
Friday night (to be announced). All five day activities will be announced. Welcome packets will be supplied with goodies for registered Cruisin' Riders. Ride schedules for all types of riders. I'll need volunteer "group leaders"
that are familiar with the "hill". contact me with your interest in being a group leader.

Even with marginal snow I can find places to ride.
I have hauled 15 hours by myself to Wisc when locals said trails weren't open but they still found spots to ride and fun was had.

You folks from far away e-mail me and I'll start
a list and post here who is committed. The numbers will help me set a deposit amount for the banguet/menu/etc. I'll help with lodging but as big as this can get I wouldn't expect everyone to stay at the same place for several reasons....
1. your taste 2. your budget 3. transportation
arrival points 4. your family/group needs.
I wouldn't expect everyone to ride the same time or length we'll have leaders/iterary all set prior
-no last minute confusion is my goal....if you want a 100 mile day or 300 I'll make sure you'll have as much fun the way you want it. If you want a midnight bonfire we'll do it. You want to sleep til 10 and ride after breakfast its possible. Early birds can start riding with the morning sun. Like I said "YOUR RIDE" my job will be to co-ordinate/co-operate/and ride myself.

I need & want imput from everyone. I'm arranging sponsors to help with neat activities and group discounts....advertising pays :)

Working on Web site for Crowfoot Hill Inn and for this Tug Hill Cruisin' sould be up in a week or so..Scorecash has offered to assist on this aspect
even if he rides the other brands.

You may want to print out these details for references & planning....'tseller@northnet.org'

*This Message was edited on 26-Oct-02 11:24 AM by zr800newyork*
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby Joe D. » October 26th, 2002, 6:24 am

Ladys & Gentleman I think anyone who comes on here to support our sport is doing a terrific thing,last year at the official Trash Ride I met a few nice people that I usually kid and rag on all year long, later in the season we had a get together at Tug Hill and I met a whole lot more of the trashers and some from earlier ride in the year,what a blast. TS & ED are great hosts and I can appreciate anything either has to say." decisions in life are your own to make but I wouldnt miss any one of these planned events" JOE 845-986-6276 (I am booked at the Edge $79.00 per nite for two)

*This Message was edited on 26-Oct-02 01:48 PM by Joe D.*

*This Message was edited on 26-Oct-02 01:52 PM by Joe d.*

*This Message was edited on 27-Oct-02 03:25 AM by Joe D.*
Joe D.

Postby 1FASTSLED » October 27th, 2002, 4:27 am

Count me in TS. I should be there either Wend. evening or Thurs. early morning. As for everyone who isn't sure they are going, think about this, TS is puting his ass on the line for all of you, he is spending his time & money to make this happen, please don't jerk him around.
Hold Wide Open
Till You See God
Then Brake.
1FASTSLED

Postby zr800newyork » October 27th, 2002, 7:08 am

Fastsled- where you plan on staying? I have several resources...by yourself or???
I'm not concerned about people "jerking me around" as you say...we'll collect deposits for the activities/discounts/prizes/welcome kits/ etc.
My time and effort is for the love of the sport- you know that from last year's ride...
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby 1FASTSLED » October 27th, 2002, 3:07 pm

TS, yes, I know you love this sportas everyone else on this message board does. It's a gr8 way to spend the winter months, just wish we could get rid of those hot summer, fall, and spring months, lol. I haven't a clue where I will be staying, I am asking for your help with that area. You tell me where there is a place with a nightlife worth while, and I will be there. I'm thinking maybe Timberview, lastyear there were some good looking staff there, hehe :) Ah it's gr8 being single and still wet behind the ears at 22. Boomchikawowow.
Hold Wide Open
Till You See God
Then Brake.
1FASTSLED

Postby zr800newyork » October 27th, 2002, 4:27 pm

I've got seeral meeting set up to discuss rates and inclusions in fact knowing your agenda I believe I can steer you in the right direction.LOL
Drop me an e-mail we'll talk some more youngster:)

*This Message was edited on 28-Oct-02 09:18 AM by zr800newyork*
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

Postby zr800newyork » November 3rd, 2002, 2:22 am

Another suggestion from Laura at the Timberview...
maybe John could put together a little "fireworks"
show for all the Cruisin' people...lite up the trails and lite up the sky for us....
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
zr800newyork

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions