Subscribe Today

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby snowpro_05476 » May 9th, 2003, 1:21 pm

Snowmobiling is awesome, but 4-wheelin is sometimes better. If anyone agrees with me on that a 4-wheeler is an alot better place to put ur money than a snowmachine because it can run all year long, talk to me. Even if u disagree, i still am very interested in ur input. I think i'm going to switch to 4-wheeling. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
snowpro_05476

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby amsoilman » May 10th, 2003, 2:57 am

I like having both. We had a lot of snow this year, making the Banshee pretty much useless. Plus, I can cover more ground riding a sled, provided we have snow. ATV trails are harder to find (in my area) than sled trails.
amsoilman

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby citation4500 » May 10th, 2003, 5:19 am

I do both but snowmobilins #1 lets see ya try and go puddle jumpin wit that 4 wheller eh !lmao
377 CC'S OF PURE CANADIAN POWER
citation4500

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sledwrench » May 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm

To each his own, I guess. I love and do both, but nothing accelerates like a sled. Once there is snow, rippin' around tends to get old. Nothing but spinning tires on the atv. Around here, there are ZERO atv trails, and ZERO people willing to let them ride due to the damage they do. If you have a place to ride them, they are a blast. I personally use them for work(4x4), and lean toward Moto-X. Why can't you do both? Two used machines always beat one new machine...right?
sledwrench

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jimmytx » May 11th, 2003, 12:54 am

do both and enjoy.
jim gavett
jimmytx

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jonnysled » May 11th, 2003, 1:05 am

i've dealt with the lack of snow the past two years by investing in vintage snowmobiles. it provides a great network of friends and something to do on the ice even if there isn't any snow. riding a vintage trail sled to the ice shanty for some r&r or drag or ovaling my 76 srx is more fun than a trail ride anyway and being surrounded by lakes give us plenty of places to do it.
jonnysled

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sledwrench » May 11th, 2003, 1:52 am

jonnysled( sounds like the name of a REAL sled!!), I agree 100 percent. I've been doing the same. This board is a little snow in the 'off, but will pick up when(if) it snows. BTW, '76 is a cool sled. How reliable has it been for you?
sledwrench

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jonnysled » May 11th, 2003, 1:05 pm

my 76 srx is awesome and was built by the best (Jim Wergin of Hazelhurst, WI.) ... you may have seen the tragic news that he died on May 7th. i just finished it with him. we're sick about losing him and i'm proud to have this sled .... it's wicked fast and was detailed all the way down ... i'll be running it at the eagle river reunion if you're there, say hello ... you can see the details at www.jonnysleds.com (i know .. hokey name, but it was all i could come up with and now it has stuck)
jonnysled

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jonnysled » May 11th, 2003, 1:15 pm

i'll try this pic of our 1976 SRX ...
jonnysled

Listen Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sled_king » May 18th, 2003, 9:24 am

it can be tough to start a 4 stroke 4 wheeler on a -20 day. temps like that are not a problem for a sled.
sled_king

Next

Return to Vintage Sleds Board