Subscribe Today

I sold the SRX

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

I sold the SRX

Postby kawicat » April 8th, 2004, 4:34 pm

he could have bought a two year year champ sled for that much, and still had money left over!

that sled retailed of what $2000ish? and unless you plan on drag racing it, what's the point of spending that kind of money?
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

I sold the SRX

Postby firepower flyer » April 9th, 2004, 2:32 am

To have it in the garage! Thats why.
firepower flyer

I sold the SRX

Postby yamaha1man » April 9th, 2004, 3:39 am

Kawicat, You obviously don't have a clue!!!! This 77 SRX is your wet dream come true. Nuff said, now go cross your kawasaki with a cat!
yamaha1man

I sold the SRX

Postby Uller God » April 9th, 2004, 9:32 am

You ripped the poor ODB off! That old heap is maybe worth 1K-1.5K max. Cheers to your for unloading an old eyesore for big jing!
Uller God

I sold the SRX

Postby OldCatRacer » April 9th, 2004, 9:55 am

Darn and I was planning on coming up next winter and taking you over to Sibley. I know of a 77 Z that's not afraid of those. They all ran great. Guess I'll have to come up and trail ride anyway. Later
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

I sold the SRX

Postby sled_king » April 9th, 2004, 12:00 pm

[quote]You ripped the poor ODB off! That old heap is maybe worth 1K-1.5K max. Cheers to your for unloading an old eyesore for big jing![/quote]

a minty 77 srx an old heap, eye sore? don't think so. thats like saying a 76 440 merc snow twister or a 77 blizzard or a 77 Z Cat all restored mint is a heap of crap.
i'll take any 77 srx for $1000 or $1500 regardless of it's condition...
sled_king

I sold the SRX

Postby yamaha1man » April 10th, 2004, 5:00 am

Uller God........ You're an idiot!!!!!!Yamaha1man
yamaha1man

I sold the SRX

Postby OldCatRacer » April 11th, 2004, 4:42 am

Bryan, I forgot to put in my post I'm bummed you sold your sled. I was hoping to take it for a spin next winter.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

I sold the SRX

Postby yamaha1man » April 11th, 2004, 5:30 am

Lance, Dude, I don't know what to say. I'm sorry. I'm bummed too. I hope I did the right thing. I don't need the money. I just have the mid-30's syndrome going on. Kids,own a business(which is growing)a house to take care of,wife, lack of room in the garage. Then some guy offers to buy my most prized possession. I said no, my kids aren't for sale.He says, no the 77. I say oh. the rest is history.To everyone else. I will say this to all you "folks" who don't understand. He started out in Mpls/St. Paul area and got to Spencer, Iowa before he found a 77. They are becoming very rare. So if you think I ripped him off. Go screw yerself. Wait 5 more yrs. and see how many are left.
yamaha1man

I sold the SRX

Postby sno*jetfreak2 » April 11th, 2004, 6:26 am

Personally to me its a shame to sell something so prized when you don't need the cash. Me personally I am keeping every sled I own till I die. Hell I am building myself a shop when I move out on my own to house all of my sleds. I dunno my dad has it for vintage cars and I have it for vintage sleds go figure eh. I just hope my collection won't be split up and sold off to the highest bidder when I die if thats gonna happen I'm taking my Strato Jet into the ground with me. Can you tell I'm attached to it even though its given me more headaches than I care to admit too.
"I find that your American beer is a lot like making love in a canoe, it's ****ing close to water."
Montey Python
sno*jetfreak2

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Sleds Board