Subscribe Today

Tillotson to Mikuni

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

Tillotson to Mikuni

Postby indyized » December 6th, 2004, 2:03 pm

Anyone ever swap out a Tillotson carb to a Mikuni with a fuel pump?
I just put a 34mm with pump on a 292 AC Lynx. It seems to run pretty good in the garage. Need some snow here for a test and tune run. Any thoughs or tricks on tuning this carb to motor?
indyized

Tillotson to Mikuni

Postby snopro59 » December 6th, 2004, 3:48 pm

What did you use to level out the carb? Any special adaptors, or are you running the carb at the same angle as the engine sits in the chassis?
You can play with my dog but don't f@#$ with my pussy!
snopro59

Tillotson to Mikuni

Postby indyized » December 7th, 2004, 6:40 am

This is one of my concerns. Currently it is attached with rubber adaptor and carb sits at same angle as motor. This seems to have no effect as it is only idling and throttling in my garage. I need to give it a run and try to tune with jets and etc.
Any ideas?
indyized

Tillotson to Mikuni

Postby Homer J » December 12th, 2004, 2:48 pm

I have a 1974 292 Lynx 1.I installed a 32mm Mikuni on it this past weekend.Took off the original carb as it was a bugger to set properly.I am still using the same intake angle with the rubber flange.It works perfect.I have rode it almost 2 hours today.I started out with a 240 main jet and when I was done I used a 400.I believe the slide is a 2.0.Not sure about the needle or nozzle.Hope this helps.
Longtime Cat Rider.You know your old when 2-up's make you tinkle!!
Homer J

Return to Vintage Sleds Board