Subscribe Today

The perfect drag sled!

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

The perfect drag sled!

Postby Maniac998 » January 21st, 2006, 12:56 am

Nice lookin' drag sled! But I'm curious. If you do, in fact, lie down on it(I'm assuming for aerodynamics of course), aren't your "boys" alittle close to a substantial heat source?! And to think, the "experts" say that whitey-tightey's are doing your nads harm compared to boxers!!!!
Maniac(But not [i]"that"[/i] much of a Maniac!!!):B
Maniac998

The perfect drag sled!

Postby jake_arcticcat » January 21st, 2006, 2:46 am

Ahood, the Z chassis is all aluminum right down to the bulkhead. I agree with yakattack slap an 800 triple in that thing, aaen pipes with some 44 flatslide miks, hey yak this is just starting to sound like your sled.
jake_arcticcat

The perfect drag sled!

Postby yakattack » January 21st, 2006, 3:04 am

almost only the engine in the z would be a a/c not a poo. oh and we are finally getting somewhere with this post keep the ideas coming.
yakattack

The perfect drag sled!

Postby AHood » January 21st, 2006, 3:16 am

[quote=jake_arcticcat]Ahood, the Z chassis is all aluminum right down to the bulkhead. I agree with yakattack slap an 800 triple in that thing, aaen pipes with some 44 flatslide miks, hey yak this is just starting to sound like your sled.[/quote]

i dont think he specified which year Z. the 75 Z is steel the bulkhead at least. i dont know why but i assumed he was talking about the 75 not 76 or 77. but thats not even realistic a Z with an 800 triple. are we talking about actually built sleds that would be good for drags? or fantasy sleds? theres no need to discuss fantasy sleds becuase bascially the best drag sled is the one that costs the most. thumb through the wahl catalog pick up a drag chassis track suspension ect call up price performance or other big motor shop and slap it together and there you go best drag sled.
AHood

The perfect drag sled!

Postby ZR800XC » January 21st, 2006, 3:49 am

HEY, Mr.Schitster, Yuckmouthattack, and Jake_arcticcrap...are you all the same clown? Looks to me like you keep resigning in and answering your own posts...It's evident in this post when Mr.Twister answers himself and the Jake_cat says it was supposed to be him.

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

The perfect drag sled!

Postby jake_arcticcat » January 21st, 2006, 4:00 am

You know what zr800xc, you got me you jackass, im all the same person and since you and outagas aparently know what your talking about why don't you start your own website, call it www.im a dumbass.com. And ahood yah it was the 76 with the al aluminum chassis.
jake_arcticcat

The perfect drag sled!

Postby jake_arcticcat » January 21st, 2006, 4:04 am

Ahood when Mr.twister got the sled the guy who used to own it had a 650 triple in it, so i think that an 800 is realistic if you have the $$.
jake_arcticcat

The perfect drag sled!

Postby Snojet Steve » January 21st, 2006, 5:07 am

I'd be drag'n a bar of soap across your prairie monkey mouths if I was your daddy.

Honestly, stick to the GT snoracers. Remove the breaks, put some old cross country skis on the back and you got my grade 7 champion, pig hill derby winner :)
Snojet Steve

The perfect drag sled!

Postby ZR800XC » January 21st, 2006, 5:10 am

Well, post some pix of these Zs and Twisters, boys...BTW, the 76 Z wasn't "ALL aluminum", it has a 2" steel square crossmember. I might be a dumbazz, but I do know a bit about sleds

[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/twister76.jpg[/img]

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

The perfect drag sled!

Postby outagas » January 21st, 2006, 5:59 am

thier all the same person.
outagas

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Sleds Board