Subscribe Today

stx dual carb mounts

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

stx dual carb mounts

Postby jake_arcticcat » February 16th, 2006, 2:42 pm

We'll i can't seem to get my hands on soem of those small mikuni mounts. So i thought i would build some custom mounts. I have some quarter inch aluminun and i was goin to drill holes so it would mount onto the pots then drill and tap 2 more holes so a can bolt the mounts i ordered onto the brackets. any idears or suggestions. Thanks, jake
jake_arcticcat

stx dual carb mounts

Postby Snojet Steve » February 17th, 2006, 3:36 am

I'm beginning to wonder if Phaser boots would fit an S-433. I've never tried them before but they must be close.
Snojet Steve

stx dual carb mounts

Postby AHood » February 17th, 2006, 9:31 am

there not close enough the phazer reed block is too big to fit in the S433 cylinders nor will the intake boot fit the s433 reed cage. i have the parts and was just fiddling with them a moment ago actually to see if the could fit. heres what you really need a set of custom billet reed stuffer/intake adapters.

[IMG]http://i1.tinypic.com/nysrc0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1.tinypic.com/nytfva.jpg[/IMG]
AHood

stx dual carb mounts

Postby Snojet Steve » February 17th, 2006, 9:50 am

This could also be machined and molded from resin. That is what I did for my 900 Zxi Jet-ski and am going to attempt for my 1200 this summer if I have time. The resin is normal fiberglass resin that I mix powderized fiberglass in with. Yamaha actually used resin molded spacers on alot of their engines. Aluminum is some hard to work with when you don't have the devices.
Snojet Steve

stx dual carb mounts

Postby AHood » February 17th, 2006, 10:40 am

[quote=Snojet Steve]This could also be machined and molded from resin. That is what I did for my 900 Zxi Jet-ski and am going to attempt for my 1200 this summer if I have time. The resin is normal fiberglass resin that I mix powderized fiberglass in with. Yamaha actually used resin molded spacers on alot of their engines. Aluminum is some hard to work with when you don't have the devices.[/quote]

if you just wanted to make a reed stuffer i could see making it from resin, but i dont think i would want to make a whole intake carb boot adapter plate out of resin. im sure for his purposes he could just use a flat aluminum plate that would look like mine above but with out the reed stuffer protrusions.
AHood

Return to Vintage Sleds Board