Subscribe Today

'71 A/C Panther 760 value?

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

Postby xcsp » November 28th, 2001, 10:45 pm

Anyone have an idea on the value of a '71 Arctic Cat Panther with a 760 engine and the chrome pipes that run on each side of the sled? Odometer shows around 800 miles and sled is in very good shape. Also, where could a person locate the plastic panel that goes around the fuel tank on this sled, current one has a few cracks? Thanks!
xcsp

Postby Pantera » November 29th, 2001, 4:30 am

That's a tough question. Everybody has a different opinion of what their sled is worth and what other people machines are worth. Usually depends on whether you are buying or selling. (Buy low, sell high) For example, I bought a 1971 Panther 634H for only $50, but I wouldn't sell it for a penny under $500. Good deals are out there for the buyer who is not in a hurry and the same goes for the seller, if you wait long enough you will probably find the person who will give you top dollar for your machine. It's all relative and we all look at things differently. Another example, is that I don't mind if I have to do mechanical work to a machine I am buying but I don't want to have to hunt down hard to find parts like seats (leopard prints), plastic items like dashes and gas tank shrouds etc. But I have no problem in having to rebuild a motor or suspension or both. So there, I have rambled on long enough without giving you even so much as a ball park price because it is like I said, it is very hard to do, especially when I can't physically see it. Pictures are nice, but they don't show tears in the seat, cracks in the hood & dash, cleats that are worn thin, etc. My suggestion if you are looking for a value becuase you want to sell it would be to price compare with similar machines on the VSCA web site and pick a number you are comfortable with. It's no different than selling a car or truck in my book. Good luck
Snowmobile the America that others pass by....
Pantera

Postby xcsp » November 29th, 2001, 6:52 am

Actually, my brother is looking to possibly buy the Panther, asking price is $700, but that also includes a '71 Panther 303, which is good shape, but doesn't run from what we were told.
xcsp

Postby M10rules » December 12th, 2001, 3:06 pm

go to vsca web site. they should have people on there that can get you a nos dash. they could also give you a ballpark figure on price. good luck. these sleds are a blast. if you still have a shoulder after you get it started!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Return to Vintage Sleds Board