Subscribe Today

Twin Track

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

Twin Track

Postby rfolk » February 9th, 2002, 4:28 pm

I remember a strange snowmobile I once saw in the showroom of a Snowjet dealership around the mid 70's. I have never seen one since. I believe it was made by Snowjet. It had a twin track and the driver rode inside a cab. Does anyone else remember such a beast?

rfolk@runestone.net
rfolk

Twin Track

Postby snogoer7c » February 10th, 2002, 1:27 am

i always thought ski doo made a twin track sled with sort of a 6 wheeler style cab, looked to hold a few passengers, and 1 ski at the front. i dont know if this is the wone your thinkin about
when hell freezes over, i'll snowmobile there too.
snogoer7c

Twin Track

Postby rfolk » February 10th, 2002, 1:55 pm

I don't think that was the one. I believe this one had two skis and was either a one or two person snomobile.

Can anyone help me? I think it was called a "Raider" although I may be wrong. I know another company named one of their snowmobiles a "Raider" but maybe they spelt it differently or the company that built the twin track sold them the name after they quit building the twin track.

Thanks!
rfolk

Twin Track

Postby Kirky D » February 11th, 2002, 3:43 am

There was Raider that was a twin track that was the most popular model and most talked about. There was also the Manta which came later. There is lots of news and info on both on the web.
Kirky D
Kirky D

Twin Track

Postby Dylan Mitchell » February 12th, 2002, 6:39 am

that twin trackker was most likely a Bolens product. there were many. i have a 1968 Diablo Rouge wihich i still drive around on. in order to ride it you sit on a sled towed behind the machine, steering the front unit with a big U shaped bar. i'd post a picture if html was allowed....

dylan
Dylan Mitchell

Twin Track

Postby rfolk » February 12th, 2002, 11:18 am

The twin track machine I'm thinking about was in a local showroom around the early to mid 70's (it was new at that time.) It had a cab and one or two skis in front. It may have been a Sno Jet since I remember that business sold Sno Jets, but may it have been a different brand. I can't believe nobody has seen one of these. But then again the one in the showroom was the only one I ever saw!
rfolk

Twin Track

Postby rfolk » February 12th, 2002, 11:20 am

Kirky,

If you find out where on the web would you let me know? Thanks
rfolk

Twin Track

Postby zr60001 » February 13th, 2002, 12:02 am

1970 cushman tracster

http://www.alssnowmo.com/snowmobileindex.html
zr60001

Twin Track

Postby snodrifter » February 13th, 2002, 8:28 am

It could have been a Ridge Runner. I saw one at a snowmobile dealer in Big Lake. I think it had a metal flake paint job, but not sure of that. Passenger and driver sat side by side and it was all enclosed. This would have been in the 70s
snodrifter

Twin Track

Postby woodtick » February 17th, 2002, 1:29 am

AROUND 1970 TO 1970 A SMALL COMPANY BUILT A TWIN TRACK TWO SEATER WITH A 372 JLO MOTOR . IT WAS CALLED SNO-COUP.
woodtick

Next

Return to Vintage Sleds Board