Subscribe Today

Vintage sled prices......?????

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

Postby Luv2sled » March 5th, 2002, 4:06 am

Fellas.....I have an 81 eltigre and an 81 jag. They are both in great shape and both run good. They have always been taken care of and stored in the garage. Everything is original on both. Does anyone know what these sleds might be worth?.....also, I'm considering getting rid of them both if anyone might be seriously looking.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby OldCatRacer » March 5th, 2002, 11:47 pm

Luv, I would say someone would have to look at it as the last '81 before the first again '84 and deceide from there. Maybe $1000? I have my eye down here on a mint '93T-Cat toally stock with updates and the guy also has a mint '95 T-Cat with studs and goodies. He's in no hurry to sell( more money like you than he knows what to do with) so next Fall I think I'll buy them for $6000 for both with many spare. He has a Zr600 and says he just wanted to say he had them to go fast. Keep your 93 T-Cat. Later OCR
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby Luv2sled » March 6th, 2002, 7:13 am

OCR.....thanks, didn't know I had that much $$$$ shhhhh, don't tell my wife. Don't worry, never selling the 93 T-CAT.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Pantera » March 13th, 2002, 4:47 am

Don't count your chickens yet. Even though they are the last year under Arctic Enterprises before the 1984 Arctco versions came out that doesn't make them gold mines. Since they are the old leaf spring front ends they are much less desirable than the 1985 and newer ones and I have been buying the AFS models for under $1000 each. I just bought a 1979 Eltigre Cross Country and a 1978 Eltigre 6000 as a package for only $900 and the Cross Country was a limited production race unit that is in very nice condition. The '78 is nothing to look at but has 140 psi compression and will make an excellent parts machine and maybe even an engine donor for another Cross Country that I was also told about. The average price for the Eltigre would be around $600-$700 if in real good condition and the Jag maybe about $400-$500. Not $1000 a piece if I read the other response correctly. Dan
Snowmobile the America that others pass by....
Pantera

Postby OldCatRacer » March 13th, 2002, 9:20 am

Dan, Yes you are correct, I meant $1000 for both as the Jag has no value. I bought a mint '79 5000 Tiger last year for $600 and it ran super. I always rode the 6's and never cared for those 5's back then.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby snogoer7c » March 22nd, 2002, 2:08 pm

i wish i had that much money, one of those sleds would be a good sled for just goofin round on, ya know?
when hell freezes over, i'll snowmobile there too.
snogoer7c

Postby Pantera » April 4th, 2002, 3:59 am

Also, with the way this season has been without snow in many areas even the newer sleds prices are really falling. I just picked up a 1994 EXT 580 that is in beautiful shape even though it shows 6,800 miles on it for only $1,000 at an auction. Most of the machines were under $3K unless they were 2002 models, great deals for the buyers, bad news for the sellers.
Dan
Snowmobile the America that others pass by....
Pantera

Postby kawicat » April 8th, 2002, 4:07 am

luv2- i sent you an e-mail to your listed address. check it out.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Return to Vintage Sleds Board