Subscribe Today

Mnt. sleds

If you have something to take up with the Snow Goer staff, place your message here.

Mnt. sleds

Postby Daymion » December 9th, 2006, 2:50 pm

My question is why is it that you guys never do any test or write ups on the mnt. sleds.
600RMK
Daymion

Mnt. sleds

Postby Skiduders » December 9th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Hear hear!! I would like to know what the real "weight" is on some of these sleds fueled up hitting the hills...

Would also like to see an article on how track size/depth affects performance and a comparison.... Just some ideas.

--Marc
Skiduders

Mnt. sleds

Postby SnowmobileNews Moderator » December 15th, 2006, 10:04 am

[quote=Skiduders]Hear hear!! I would like to know what the real "weight" is on some of these sleds fueled up hitting the hills...

Would also like to see an article on how track size/depth affects performance and a comparison.... Just some ideas.

--Marc[/quote]

Sled weights is a story in our March issue. Stay tuned.

As for the mountain sleds, there are a couple reasons. No. 1: This year, we didn't do any testing in Western states. We had some mountain states travel and rides, but none of those trips presented the opportunity to test different machines head-to-head. The other reason is that if we tested more mountain sleds, we'd short ourselves time and space on the other trail sleds we evaluate. More people would rather us report on the trail sleds.
Snowmobile News Moderator
SnowmobileNews Moderator

Return to Dear Snow Goer