Subscribe Today

Big 4 overproduction

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Big 4 overproduction

Postby psycho sledder » March 25th, 2003, 4:10 am

takin from snowest

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE SERIOUS IN MY LIFE. IF YOUR A POLARIS DEALER AND YOUR REP IS TRYING TO GET YOU TO UP YOUR NUMBERS FOR 04 TELL HIM TO STICK HIS DEALERSHIP IN HIS A$$.

I AM ENCOURAGING ALL POLARIS DEALERSHIPS TO DROP POLARIS SNOWMOBILES.

THEY ARE OVER PRODUCING AND DRIVING THE PRICES DOWN. POLARIS IS OUT FOR THE STOCKHOLDER AND NO ONE ELSE. OVER PRODUCING RUINS IT FOR THE STOCK HOLDER ALSO IN THE END.

POLARIS IS ONE OF THE s**tTIEST COMPANY'S THERE IS, AND THINKS THERE s**t DON'T STINK. I GOT NEWS FOR POLARIS I AM GOING TO TRY TO TALK EVERY DEALER I KNOW INTO DROPPING POLARIS.

I was in a dealership about a month ago, and they told me they have about 34 sleds left. And that they were going to have a meeting in a week to discuss things about Polaris. I said If I were you I would s**t can the dealership. Polaris has destroyed the ability for a Sled dealership to make money. Well the Polaris Rep came the other day with his chest sticking out with the higher then God thing going like most Polaris Reps do. And he had the balls to say you guys need to get your numbers up for 2004. The owner of the shop said well I don't think so pal, The Rep said something on the lines of you better up your numbers or you could lose your dealership. The owner said good theres no money in it anyway were DONE!!! GET OUT!!!!!!

Plus I just got a PM from a guy asking me to buy his Escape. FOR A PRICE THAT REALLY BUMS ME OUT!!

I got news for you people, Back in the late 80's you could snowcheck 3 or 4 sleds and a private person could make money on selling them, and the next year you could trade for a few hundred bucks.

I got news for everyone, THIS DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ECONOMY, THIS HAS TO DO WITH COLLEGE PRICKS RUNNING A COMPANY THAT ONLY UNDERSTANDS 1 THING.

ANDS THATS NUMBERS.

Well I got some news for the BIG 4, The disgusting loss of value to these new great sleds that they all build is do to 1 thing!!!

************OVER PRODUCING***************

POLARIS IS RUINING FRIENDS OF MINES LIVES.

I know dealerships that use to make a fair living. and now there houses & there entire lifes are on the line because of Polaris's marketing tactics and there inability to understand what there doing and how bad they are destroying there own product by building to many.

I strongely suggest buying another brand.

I will buy another Polaris, BUT IT WILL BE USED!!! And I will do everything I can NOT to buy OEM parts for it.!!!!

I have much more to say about this but I am out of time!!!

PS: If Snowest pulls this thread I will start it on my own Forum. This needed to be said the the Industry needs to here it. I am very hurt by all the PM's & E-mails I get from people telling me there losing there a$$es on the 1 year old sled. And they have even destroyed the used market.

Let me take this to a more childish level so all the bean counters understand it at the BIG-4 ** ( Polaris Cat, Doo, Yamaha )**

Why is this a bad thing to over produce you dumb-ass bean counters ask!!

Ok, I'll tell you in short. And its this simple.

Now that you are all programed to over produce and ram to many sleds down all the dealers throats. And you have destroyed the used market completely, This is what happens to all these good people that have bought your product.

#1 -- Its has nothing to do with the fact that they cost alot.

#2 -- Its the fact that now that the guys that buy new every year lose between $2000 and $ 3000 per year, Why is this bad you ask??

Here is whats happening.

#1 -- They don't buy any assy's anymore because they can't afford to., DEALER SUFFERS AGAIN.

#2 -- The reason there are so low of miles on sleds now adays, its because people are pissing away $2000 to $3000 every year trading, Why is this bad you ask??

$2000 to $3000 every year means LESS TRIPS, Don't you dumb-ass manufactures understand that if they can't aford to use them, that everyone loses. The dealer, the resorts, the gas stations, and so on and so on.

$2000 to $3000 dollars is 2 to 3 great trips for Midwestern people to head west.

$2000 to $3000 dollars is enough money for about 4 to 6 local trips.

And 1 more note to all you DUMB-ASS bean counters that work for a the Big-4 and think you are whats holding the company together, you are the very problem you would all be ** FIRED IF I WAS HIRED TO RUN ANY OF THE BIG-4 .

Someone mentioned ** ( The Prestigue needs the be brought back ) ** Like Harley. You are DEAD RIGHT!!!

Sad thing is, The BEAN COUNTERS ARE TAKING Harley down the same road slowly but surely.

TO MANY DEALERS and OVER PRODUCING!!!! Mark my word Harley is getting the BIG-4 Dease!!!

I'll be back with more.

>

Quote from ( silverbackBob )

Well Bob that is a great question, and I have an answer. I am not saying for 1 minute that I don't appreciate all the effert some people have put into there education, and educated people are a good thing don't get me wrong, And I wish I had gone into Mechanical engineering myself, & Electrical.

But the Problem is this countries pattern of over paying people JUST BECAUSE OF THE PAPER on the wall. When MOST can't tie their shoes using both hands. I know far more rich talented uneducated people then I do educated. As I said don't get me wrong education is a good thing. BUT MOST don't get much out of there 4 year degree and they are way over paid. The funny thing is now days they are also the first to get fired. The blue collars boys make the world twirl. All big business will never miss the top %5 of there company if they took a month off. BUT LET ME TELL YOU if the bottem 95% was take a month off the company might not last the year. I am just trying to put a few things into perspective.
psycho sledder

Big 4 overproduction

Postby 96 ZRT 600 » March 25th, 2003, 4:37 am

Wow you almost explained what happens at the BNSF Railroad.....
96 ZRT 600, 03 MXZ 600 HO REV, 85 YAMAHA MAXIM X, 96 HARLEY DAVIDSON ROAD KING, 98 YAMAHA GRIZZLY 600.
96 ZRT 600

Big 4 overproduction

Postby Ropepuller » March 25th, 2003, 5:50 am

Or Nameless Oil and Propane there 96er.............

This post was edited to protect the guilty.

My dealer (cat) still has a few 01's new in the crate. If it wasn't for a steady ATV business, his doors would of been closed along time ago. He still hints like it's a possibility. I hope not, I drive 30 miles (past a couple of other cat dealers, who suck) to do business with him.

*This Message was edited on 25-Mar-03 12:44 PM by Ropepuller*
[b]When in doubt.....whip it out[/b]
Ropepuller

Big 4 overproduction

Postby M10rules » March 25th, 2003, 7:29 am

Its not just Polaris doing it. Talk to a dealer last fall who dropped SkiDoo because they were making him take to many, and he was done with Yamaha snowmobiles after this winter because they were making him take more then he could sell. Was talking to a Cat dealer at the show the other night and AC told him he had to take 100 sled (sold only 50 this winter, still has the other 50 03s and some other older ones new in crate). He told the Rep there was no way and that he would drop the dealership if Cat forces him to take more then he wants.

Spicers in Houghton Lake, MI is hurting right now. Last I knew they had close to 1000 new sleds in stock!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Big 4 overproduction

Postby tcat2 » March 25th, 2003, 3:05 pm

We've had a couple of dealers who used to carry all 4 brands. But as time went on and the demands of the factories to sell more and more sleds became greater, they have droped one, two or even 3 brands. It's not unusual now to see a dealer with only one or two brands.

The closest dealer to me dropped Yamaha last year, and may drop Polaris this year. I guess Ski-Doo and Cat are requiring the fewest sleds to be ordered.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Big 4 overproduction

Postby Catrocks » March 25th, 2003, 3:41 pm

Jeeezzz guys it's pretty simple math. How the hell else are all you guys that get new sleds every year; are gonna get the newest tech??? I really hate to say it but the sled industry is going into the rat hole like it did in the early 80's. I would bet that all the manu's are top heavy with engineers and vp's that are sucking them dry. Let alone the cost of new sleds are like buying a pretty decent vehicle in this here and day. I will stick with my 98, it treats me well and it has all I want. Chit is only 6 years old, wish I had a 98 chevy extended cab with only 2400 miles on it, would probably be worth 17000.
CR

Sled on, b-safe, and most of all; CATSROCK! yeah baby!!

Oh yeah support your local club.!.!
Catrocks

Big 4 overproduction

Postby Fat Cat » March 26th, 2003, 5:12 am

Holy Sheet Psycho,
Any snow I had left out front my window melted from your post! Somebody sheet in yer corn flakes? I agree with you as we had a doo dealership in town for about three years and I stopped in one day for a coffee. The owner is normally a pretty easy going guy but he was just flippin out. I walked into the back room and he showed me an invoice for almodt 30 grand worth of clothing and he still had 15 grand worth collecting dust on the hangers! Apparently the way it works is you have to take "x" number of sleds and a certian percentage of clothing in relation to the amount of dollars in sleds. Basically if you sell the stuff...great and if you don't, it sucks to be you as they won't take it back. This is all equated into what we pay for sleds, accesories etc. In the end who pays? Your absolutly right! US! The sled heads that complain about having to spend 30 bucks for an evening out for supper but don't hesitate to buy a 10,000 sled. I guess we allow it don't we. Oh and by the way.. have a good day eh!
Fat Cat
Fat Cat

Big 4 overproduction

Postby MM700 » March 26th, 2003, 5:36 am

SEE...I told you guys about this first, last year...when you guys were picking on Yamaha for trimming their line-up ...so dealers wouldn't be stuck with a bunch of unsold low end models...now the pipeline is clogged with many non curent models of all makes...still in crates at dealerships through out the midwest....So who's fault is it?????...Don't blame Yamaha...they haven't been dropping High priced snow cross specials, and midseason model releases on their dealers......The worst offerender of this is Arctic Cat....but Polaris and Ski-Doo are also major contributers to this problem...if they had followed Yamaha's lead two years ago...and made their line-ups smaller, some of the smaller, and non current models would have been blown out of the pipeline..making dealers breath easier....Come on all you wise and all mighty Cat riders tell me how stupid Yamaha's move looks now...;).....I 'm waiting...lol
MM700

Big 4 overproduction

Postby zr800newyork » March 26th, 2003, 6:44 am

OVER SIMPLIFICATION ....there's more to marketing then meets the eye with this explanation and I didn't come here to call anyone "stupid" :)
TUG HILL CRUISIN'
Sno-Goer Magazine-Nov'03 issue
zr800newyork

Big 4 overproduction

Postby ZR500PA » March 26th, 2003, 7:23 am

It seems too go with the weather, The more snow you have the more sleds get sold. Around here this year the cat dealers sold out early, they had a banner year. Just a couple low end and big 8 and 9's. All f-sleds went including the new six as soon as it came thru the door.
ZR500PA

Next

Return to Trash Talkers