Subscribe Today

Ontario insurance companies shutting down a $1.6 Billion ann

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Ontario insurance companies shutting down a $1.6 Billion ann

Postby ZRT800 » October 4th, 2003, 5:19 pm

Snowmobiling generates $1.6 billion annually in Ontario. 1.6 billion in less than 4 months!!! Snowmobiling keeps many Northern towns alive during the Winter. If snowmobilers weren't there, the towns would dry up. They couldn't survive on Summer alone. Some towns actually make more money during the Winter!! The insurance companies are going to ruin the snowmobile industry in Ontario. Elsewhere will follow!!

Here's the deal. I went in & got a loan for an '04 F7 SP. I decided to make sure I could insure the sled if I bought one. I ended up calling every company in the book. Not one would give me insurance!! I was ready to drop $12300- (cdn) on an F7. The insurance companies kept my money from re-entering the economy.

One insurance guy that I talked to, (who couldn't help me but was very nice) told me, "you wouldn't believe the amount of people that put $$ down on a sled in the Spring & are walking away from there deposit because no one will insure the sled"!!!!!!

I ended up staying with my current insurer, but his rule was, any sled, but it must be under $8000- in value. So I had to buy a 2002 ZR8EFICC. Which I'm very happy with, but I was expecting a brand new F7. Some people I talked to wouldn't even insure an F5!!!!!!!

$1.6 billion dollars annually, & the insurance companies are ****ing us around!!!!!!!!! Unbelieveable!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Ontario insurance companies shutting down a $1.6 Billion annual business....

Postby funkadelic101 » October 5th, 2003, 1:07 am

That's weird, you would think that if insuring sleds made a company money then someone would do it for the profit......

Oh yeah, that's right, most sledders are ignorant dipsh!ts whose favorite line the past 15 years has been.....

"Duh, that's what insurance is for!!"

This can be used to respond to many questions or quotes like....

You kind of ride too fast and will probably end up hitting something, or, Hey, you just going to leave your sled here all night with the key's?? , also, Man, a 925cc 175 HP big bore, that's a bit too much sled for me..... Hey, this ice is a bit thin...... Let me get the camera for this jump!!!.....

Face it, sledders made their bed, and just like the whiney, juvenile attitude they have had for years, it's only fitting they continue their own legacy by blaming insurance..... Insurance fraud is one of the top 5 biggest drains on our economy period..... And to be honest, sleds are the easiest for people to take that BS insurance owes me, don't worry, insurance pays for my F ups attitude with..... And instead of common sense, most took the where's my hook up stance.... Sad but True. But sleep in the bed we've made.
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

Postby SLEDHEADRED » October 5th, 2003, 2:01 am

Funk, well said.
My 99 XCR8 is $176.00 a year with $250.00 deductable.
My 02 XCR8 is $322.00 a year with $250.00 deductable.
But i hear from my bud's that insurance is on the rise, I personally feel that is a small prioce to pay.
As someone who has wrecked a sled a time or two, it was nice knowing they would be there to cover it.
I do have a few bud's who dont insure there newer sleds, seems like a waste to me!!

Canadian Government should get involved.
I know my insurance company WONT insure your sled unless they see it in person before a policy is written, UNLESS your buying new froma dealer!!!
That will help stop fraud!!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby Long time cat man » October 5th, 2003, 2:36 am

It goes back to a pet peave of mine- Law Suits, their ruining the Country! No one wants to except responsibility for anything they do, always wanting to blame someone else for their bad decisions. And insurance companies take the brunt of it, because their the ones who usually end up paying the settlements. And the sad part is, they would rather usually just dole out the money without a fight, because it costs them more money to fight it with litigation. But snowmobilers aren't the only ones, I heard someone bragging not long ago about taking boats (and I mean boats worth 6 figures and more) and sinking them in deep ocean water because they couldn't get what they wanted when trying to sell them used. People feel they pay too much in premiums like they feel they pay too much in taxes to Uncle Sam, so they try and screw both insurance companies and the Federal govt, any time they feel they can get away with it.
Long time cat man

Postby Shockman » October 5th, 2003, 2:41 am

Lucky prems didnt go up this year. Just got the bill $309 each sled. Scary to think what might happen to clubs policies after NYS fiasco last Jan. Insurance companies ever find out what really goes on out there we could all get screwed over.
Shockman

Postby FreezurBurnt » October 5th, 2003, 4:35 am

Freeze to the rescue

ZRT800 call here

1-800-816-9618

You should be able to find a decent price
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Postby ZRT800 » October 5th, 2003, 12:01 pm

Thanks Freeze, but it's already a done deal with the '02 ZR8EFI. I guess I was just venting.
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Return to Trash Talkers