Subscribe Today

Who is going to win Eagle River

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby Flatout » November 30th, 2001, 12:46 am

Ok I know eagle river is a month and a half away but I still cant wait to see the derby! Jeremy Johnston and Chris Hortness have new reed rotax power with Gifford pipes and Skidoo backing so they will be tough to beat. Jacques Villeneuve has been buzzing his dyno all summer developing new engines and he was by far the fastest last year. Durmont Wahl has been busy with his new dyno and tells me they have some impressive numbers from their Polaris engines. Terry is ready and the Wahl chassis is capable of winning. Mike houle is retired from racing but not from running his race team. Dale Loritz will be running his ultra fast sled and can easially win. Hooper racing has always been lightning fast but a broken spindle cost them a championship. Could this be Arctic Cat''s year to shine? Jeff Ludwig was also robbed of his first championship with a burnt rod bearing. He definitely has a shot at it! Newcomers like Steve Arpin, Mark Meyers,and veterans like Jim Schmidt,the Moyles, Danny Lee all are capable fo running up front.
Eagle River can be a wild race and conditions can deteriorate quickly to a point that only the tough will survive to the end. The pits can get interesting too as you would have seen last year at Jacques trailer.
So take your pic and maybe we can even get some friendly wagers going.
My pic is Jacques Villeneuve. The guy everyone loves to watch (hate). He has the will to win and if he can stay out of trouble ,will definitely be the one to beat!
Flatout

Postby Jekyll » November 30th, 2001, 4:43 am

Well personally I'm hoping for Polaris to once again be crowned as World Champion and I think having Terry Wahl would be just the ticket. On a sentimental note how could anyone not push for Jacques to win again? Talk about a roar from the crowd..................
Jekyll

Postby maxiracer » November 30th, 2001, 7:34 am

I'm going to go with Dale Loritz, but JJ and Chris will be very fast too. Don't count out P.J. Wanderscheid, he was real tough in WSA last season! I'd love to see Jocko win, he's my fav driver.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby racer43 » November 30th, 2001, 12:42 pm

I bet on Terry Wahl. There will be lots of fast people, but I think Terry will be there at the end. I just hope that everyone uses their heads this year and it should be a good race. Last year I think that Schmit and Loritz would have had a chance if they weren't taken out on the first lap.
racer43

Postby proXracer » November 30th, 2001, 2:28 pm

I think that Terry Wahl will win. Hes feelin good and ready to become a 2 time champ!
Dustin Wahl
proXracer

Postby OldCatRacer » December 1st, 2001, 1:40 am

Hey guys I love to read the post on oval racing. Keep it up!!!
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby snodrifter » December 2nd, 2001, 12:37 pm

I'm hoping for JOCKO. That guy is tough and he's always fast. If he can just hold on to it. Last year he had the fastest sled by far. We Know he certainly has the kahoonas to drive it into the corners.
snodrifter

Postby bub37 » December 2nd, 2001, 3:51 pm

Hey Flatout hows it going down east. I think it'll be a western canadian who'll take the W.C. {Saskatewan or with a little luck a manitoban}. As for your pick of Joco, trouble seems to follow him, we were in tech at the same time they found his little infraction, and a couple trailers down when wrestmania got on. He's lucky he got to run the final, I think if any other race sanctioning group was running that race he'ed have been watching from the hotbox's. Anyway, lots of guys switching teams and product, and we all know how the technology race comes in to play. LET THE OVAL WARS BEGIN!!!!!
bub37

Postby Flatout » December 2nd, 2001, 11:53 pm

So far the money is on Wahl,Loritz,Johnston and Villeneuve. I think that Philip Moulton of the Hooper team will be tough to beat as well.He won Beausejour and if the weather stays warm, he will do even better. Jacques is still my favorite. He can go flatout for 25 laps without showing his age. He just has to learn that you cant win the race in the first lap! As for infractions, well,it aint cheatin if you can get away with it.
Any one of these guys can win and it is going to be one hell of a race. I already have a knot in my stomach and a smile on my face thinking about it
Flatout

Postby bracne » December 3rd, 2001, 11:58 am

What class is Dustin going to run this year?
Scott C. Lanpher
bracne

Next

Return to General Racing Board