Subscribe Today

1st time racer

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

1st time racer

Postby zsnopro » January 15th, 2002, 11:08 am

I'm going to be in my first snocross race this weekend, I have never raced snowmobiles before, and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and/or precautions. I am racing a 02 Z Sno Pro in the beginner fan class at the WSA district race this weekend in Grand Rapids, MN. I haven't done too many mods to it, but I do have 96 studs, 8 inch carbides, but no clutch setup (mostly money factor). And I have my tekvest and orange vest and helmet, but still need a warm-up stand. If anyone else is going to be at this race I was wondering if they could help out a new racer a little bit, (borrow warmup stand, help if anything breaks, which hopefully doesn't happen) Another thing I wish I had is an enclosed trailer so I don't need to sit my ass out in the cold. Any info or help this weekend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
zsnopro

1st time racer

Postby Hotshit_9 » January 15th, 2002, 12:43 pm

your are a 1st time racer?????

how the hell did you get a 2002 snopro?
Hotshit_9

1st time racer

Postby zsnopro » January 15th, 2002, 1:36 pm

A Z!!!! Sno Pro, I heard they pretty much give them to anyone who is starting out. Its nothing too special, you can buy them at the dealer if you really want.
zsnopro

1st time racer

Postby Mainecat » January 15th, 2002, 1:39 pm

Good luck z let us know how you do.
Mainecat

1st time racer

Postby Brycejb_328 » January 16th, 2002, 6:45 am

i am not underestimating your riding skills but why are you racing a wsa race, start out on a northstar race, were the competition is not so much. A warm up stand is a must, pick one up for 50 dollars. make sure your studs are in place according to the rules, shin pads are a good idea, also make sure your snow flap has straps on it so it does not go so far back, zip tie the kill switch and good luck
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/3twenty8]328 website[/url]
Brycejb_328

1st time racer

Postby pepi_2k » January 17th, 2002, 1:29 pm

hey man
last year was my first year and i know how it feels so all i can say is if its ur first race..... do your best and dont hurt your self.k. and to give u advice before u race watch all the other racers and where they go on the track.
good luck.
pepi_2k

1st time racer

Postby Homancan » January 19th, 2002, 6:14 am

I think Pepi is right. Don't get hurt. At my last race there were a lot of guys with ankle problems and things like that. Drive smart. If a guy is way faster, let him by. Don't cut across lines if he's right on your ass. One kid got landed on because of it. Stay on your sled too! That's my problem and a few others too. You can be as fast as you want the whole race, but chances are if you fall off you're not going to be on the podium.
I imagine you left already zsnopro, but I hope you had a good time and weren't hurt!
Homancan

1st time racer

Postby zsnopro » January 23rd, 2002, 5:53 am

Well, I had my first race, and I would say it went pretty good, didn't crash or anything like that. I got 6th out of 6 in my two motos, mostly just because I wanted to take it easy and not get hurt. Then in the LCQ, I got 5th out of 7 guys, missed the final by one position, but by then it was actually getting fun and not so scary. All in all thought, it was a good time, and I hope to do it again.
zsnopro

1st time racer

Postby snoxracer » January 23rd, 2002, 6:19 am

*This Message was edited on 23-Jan-02 11:20 AM by snoxracer*
snoxracer

Return to General Racing Board