Subscribe Today

2002 ZR600 Boys, k'meer...gotta question

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish » February 7th, 2002, 2:21 am

Looks like I'm gonna be lick'n outta that dish again for a while longer. Just got steal on a 02 ZR600 carb version, couldn't pass it by.

I would like some responses to experiences with the different pipes and or clutch kits that seem to be the best [red]"bang for the buck"[/red]or work very good together. Is getting an extra 20 hp unrealistic out of this sled. I've heard that the clutching and pipes on the stock machine aren't that bad and sled seems to run decent.

Is a reed kit is in order? Not looking for anyones treasured secrets, but just some advice or experiences and a little helping hand in the right direction to get the extra zip, this will be my first ZR. My other sled is a 580 efi, runs pretty decent, but know this ZR600 should be better. Also, are the power breathers worth the money.

[green]THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THOSE WHO BLEED GREEN,I REALLY APPRECIATE IT[/green]

move out of the way

move out of the way...

Bobby's coming thru

Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish

Postby Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish » February 7th, 2002, 2:39 am

just went back and read quite a few posts regarding the V-Force reeds...sounds like trouble or at least a crap shoot at best. Anyone have any luck with the Boyesen reeds? Sounds like the reeds could be more sizzle that steak?

move out of the way

move out of the way...

Bobby's coming thru

Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish

Postby ZR800XC » February 7th, 2002, 10:49 am

V force reeds and black magic twin pipes with their clutching worked wonders on mine. I've never had 1 problem with V force reeds and I have them in all my sleds. You could get even more if ya sent them your Jugs and a couple hundred bucks

[img]http://my.core.com/~twister76/twister1.jpg">[/img]

ZR800XC

Postby azracing » February 7th, 2002, 11:53 am

I helped set up a friends 01 zr600 carb and here's what me added to it D/D power breather, Speedworks clutch kit, 2 teeth up on both the upper and lower sprockets. Your stock pipe is as good as D/D or B/M single pipes. The twin pipes would add some hi-end HP. The above also worked in my 02 ZR500LE, with in one sled length of the six in 660ft. boysens work great with stock cages.
Ridin the F-N-7
azracing

Postby Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish » February 8th, 2002, 12:46 am

ZR800XC, what would they do to the jugs...port/polish job? What did you experience with yours, all around performance bottom to top?
Thanks a bunch for the info.:)

move out of the way

move out of the way...

Bobby's coming thru

Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish

Postby Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish » February 8th, 2002, 12:49 am

Thanks guys for info...did you guys have to tinker with the main jet sizes? Or just leave them alone?

move out of the way

move out of the way...

Bobby's coming thru

Lick'nOutaTheCatsDish

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum