Subscribe Today

Should the RX-1 be the sled of the year?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby hauler » October 27th, 2002, 12:12 am

all new tech??? same front suspension, same rear suspension, same primary, same secondary, same handlbar asembly. I'll give you they have a new frame, motor, track and cab. The rx1 has the same,new frame, new cab, new fingered track and new motor for snowmobiles. so how does the f7 have all new tech and the rx1 has none, dont be so bias and give credit where it is due. both sleds are after a different market share and I think final figures will show you that there are a lot more trail riders then ditch bangers.
[b][blue]YAMAHA RX1[/b]
TURNING THE COMPETITION BLUE[/blue]
hauler

Postby pearson » October 27th, 2002, 1:59 am

Yeah what hauler said, I can't type that good!!!!! There are good arguments for the RX-1, F7 and Rev this year and anyone of those could have won, and I think it's more than dropping a street bike motor in a sled frame, it's the engineering and designing that made it possible, and be a lake racer to compete with 800cc sleds. Lets face it, I don't think the majority of the people who bought on really don't expect to go ditch banging all day, they are probably the same people who buy other muscle sleds to ride casual on the trails and let her rip on the straights and lake tops. Look at your other choices of 4 strokers, The RX-1 is a winner, alot of people will see on lakes this season.
pearson

Postby newfie800 » October 27th, 2002, 2:34 am

you all make good points,but why not wait till the rx1 gets full winter under its belt and then decide how good it is
Jim Clair
newfie800

Postby Noreaster » October 27th, 2002, 2:47 am

NO
Noreaster

Postby polarisrules81 » October 27th, 2002, 3:58 am

All I can say is that I hope the rumored four stroke that Polaris is supposed to be coming out with actually happens. It is rumored Polaris is going to use it's turbocharged 780cc twin four stroke engine from its MSX watercraft. It has 150 horsepower. Then we'll see Yamaha shakin in their boots. HA HA!!!
polarisrules81

Postby Mainecat » October 27th, 2002, 4:07 am

Hauler look close at the f7.... AWS6 is used and is the only sled in Cats lineup other than the snopro to use. Rear skid is new similar to sno-pro. CLUTCHES? new 6 tower not the 9 as on other cats. Bars are the same as sno-pro take a close look. The secondary uses the roller. No other sledmaker uses this tech. 10" drivers too.
Mainecat

Postby Mainecat » October 27th, 2002, 4:08 am

Oh yeah FINGER TRACK?? NEW?? lol It came stock on my 01ZR. sorry
Mainecat

Postby scorescash » October 27th, 2002, 7:37 am

YES!!!! It's A Yamaha
[img]http://www.snowmobiletalk.com/images/sheep3.jpg" alt="" border="0"[/img]
scorescash

Postby Mainecat » October 27th, 2002, 10:59 pm

good reason..... NOT:)
Mainecat

Postby tcat2 » October 28th, 2002, 4:28 am

I know I'm gonna get greif for saying this ... But the REV should have been "Sled Of The Year".

No matter how you look at it, the RX-1 is a traditional sled ... they just put a 4-stroke in it. Granted, the higherst HP 4-stroke to date, but it looks, sits and feels like a big heavy touring sled ... and I'm sure the first ride will confirm that.

The REV on the other hand, is a totally new riding position, the first true departure from the traditional snowmobile for the masses. The only other designs that have done that over the years, the Raider and Sno-Hawk were a bit too radical a change.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

PreviousNext

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum