Subscribe Today

Yami Hype falls short again!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby ZR800Racer » October 27th, 2002, 8:26 am

From amsnot. Poor poor yami boobs

F7 spanks rx-1 in 1/4 mile
Krom on 10/27/2002 4:06:00 PM

looks like the debate can be put to bed, every one has know the rx-1 is slow in the short run, now we know its slow in the long run as well.

This is a copy from the race board, but it goes to show the rx1 is an over weight turd. Even runing 1/4 of a mile the F7 beats it like a red headed step child.

ASPHALT SHOOTOUT RESULTS

badcats on 10/26/2002 9:27:00 PM

JUST FINISHED OUR SHOOTOUT. Temp was 47 degrees with a 15 TO 20 MPH HEAD WIND.TRACTION OKAY but NOT AS GOOD AS IT HAS BEEN.LOTS OF STREET CARS TODAY. LET THE CRYING BEGIN BUT THIS HOW IT WENT: TOTAL DOMINATION BY THE F7.IT RAN A BEST OF 10.399 AT 122.05 ZR900 RAN 10.577 119.77 RX1 RAN 11.08 117.90.ALL SLEDS THAT COULD BE JETTED, WERE. SUPENSIONS WERE TIED DOWN. ALL SLEDS HAD 21 INCHES OF ROLL OUT. F7 WEIGHED 475, the ZR9 was 525 and the RX1 625. THIS WAS PER TRACK SCALE. EACH SLED STARTED WITH 3 GALLONS OF 93 Octane FUEL. THE F7 GEARING AND ZR9 GEARING HAD TO BE CHANGED. THESE SLEDS WILL NOT RUN A 1\4 MILE ON ASPHALT WITH THERE STOCK GEARS. THE F7 RAN 106.25 AT 660 FT. THIS THING IS ALL IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE.I WILL POST FULL TIME SLIPS AT A LATER DATE. ALSO, I WILL HAVE CLUTCH KITS AND TIMING SPECS ON THESE SOON. SORRY, BUT I WILL NOT BE GIVING ANY INFO ON CLUTCHING OR GEARING. I HAVE A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY INVESTED IN THIS SHOOTOUT TO GIVE OUT THAT KIND OF INFO. Besides, I spend a lot of time dreaming about boffing my wife (she does my proof-reading and thinks she''''''''s a comedienne).
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

Postby FreezurBurnt » October 27th, 2002, 11:56 am

So they (Cat) had to change the gearing to get them to run 1/4 mile
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 27th, 2002, 12:39 pm

like a yammie guy doesn't change nothin. I think a bender/hauck aftermarket go fast catalogue comes with your yamaha sled purchase doesn't it? right with the owners manual in the little plastic bag.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby kenlacy » October 27th, 2002, 1:06 pm

seriously you guys can't tell me you would expect the RX-1 to take an F7 in a quartermile. We are still talking a 4-stroke vs a 2 stroke + the added weight. Let them run a full mile and see what happens - I mean that is more real world to me. We have lake runs of 2+ miles all the time. That whole gearing summation is a little wacky - we could change the F7 and ZR9 but not the RX-1? Just one persons results - and for all we know they had one sled cluthced better than another. Have to laugh.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby ZR800Racer » October 27th, 2002, 1:22 pm

first it was going to smoke everything no matter what it was, then it was going to smoke everything after 500 ft, now it needs 2 miles plus ken? give me a break! Maybe we can get them to hold off on plowing the thruway so we can run the RX1. What a joke! The weights seemed about right though.
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/RyanG85/sig.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Arctic Cat F7 SnoPro
2003 Honda CRF450R
ZR800Racer

Postby snowracer72 » October 27th, 2002, 1:32 pm

Actually, if those #'s are real, which I highly doubt, they all sound quite exaggerrated to me. I raced 1/4 mile today. No way a stock anything w/140hp can run 106-122 times. Clutched geared, and a whole lot more. I ran 121 in 10.41 w a 162hp sled that crossed the track scale running at 510 even. So the f-7 is hardly stock.......Please give us the real #'s guy.......
DODGE....SMOKIN' CHEVYS FOREVER....YAMAHA MAKES NO EXCUSES...ONLY SUPREME MACHINES! DRAG RACING RULES!
snowracer72

Postby NorthernSkunk » October 27th, 2002, 1:49 pm

I'm still lookin at the rx-1 as a heavy 998cc sled. Whether its a 4 stroke a or 2 stroke don't mean as much as what the sled is actually doin on the snow. And right now it sounds/looks like the rx-1 is a heavy tippy underpowered 998cc sled. Until yamaha wins the iron-dog an proves otherwise I say strap some saddle bags on that mule of an rx-1 and take it touring.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby kenlacy » October 27th, 2002, 1:56 pm

zr - who said it was gonna smoke everything - i have never claimed anything about the RX-1 other than it will be a good trail sled, have great mileage and you wont have to mess with oil every other fill up. Saves money and hastle and will perform right there with the rest of the performance sleds. there sure are a lot of drag racers in this forum.

However, I will say this - at the end of a lake run, the RX-1 will be ahead of all the rest except maybe a ZR900. Always fun to be the first across the lake.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby snowracer72 » October 27th, 2002, 2:47 pm

KEN, you really are in for a nightmare... I'm not putting it down, but my dealer has 4g's in his rx,514lbs, running on the scales, today. 114mph in 10.70 sec. No rolling resistance on asphalt. !/4 mile is worth 2-3 miles on the lake. EASILY, so, bad news, they are slow period. You'll never pass 110mph, stock. And that's coming from a mod viper rider. I still like yamaha. My favorite color is blue! So what.....
DODGE....SMOKIN' CHEVYS FOREVER....YAMAHA MAKES NO EXCUSES...ONLY SUPREME MACHINES! DRAG RACING RULES!
snowracer72

Postby treewhacker » October 27th, 2002, 3:06 pm

What are you guys going to do when two strokes are forced out of the game? The way the Nazi's are pushing it, it won't be very long. Then the other makers are going to be forced to lay their cards on the table to manufacture what they can or go broke. So far I haven't seen any evidence they have anything even close. I would like to see them clean up the two strokes to get the Nazis off their back, but I just haven't seen any real proof they're close yet.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

Next

Return to Trash Talkers