Subscribe Today

Stud Installation - How?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Stud Installation - How?

Postby Spartan » November 11th, 2002, 3:45 am

OK, I am not a mechanic, I have had my previous sleds studded by the shop. I have a 2002 MXZ and 2003 REV. I am interested in trying to stud the 2002 myself (the Rev I will probably have the shop do it, waiting for new tunnel kit). I just called Woody's, and they said their are directions on the package. However, has anyone seen any good written instructions or a video on how to do this properly. I am inclined to have the shop do it, because I want it done correctly, but I would like to do it myself. If anyone is inclined to send me some decent instructions, that would be great.

Thanks
Spartan

Stud Installation - How?

Postby zert » November 11th, 2002, 4:02 am

The best way to learn is to have someone who knows how to do it help you, then you can see how to do it and have it done right at the same time. You can also ask your shop if you can come in and watch them install them, most shops don't mind if they know you and you are a regular customer.
zert

Stud Installation - How?

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 11th, 2002, 4:48 am

Good advice ZERT! I watched 2 times before I did it myself and I feel perfectly comfortable on my own now. Just make sure the guy showing you how to do it knows what the hell he's doing or he might show you some thing wrong that will cost YOU big $$$.$$! Also stay inside the windows, the studs and your track last longer! Just my .02

SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Stud Installation - How?

Postby Spartan » November 11th, 2002, 6:28 am

Hey Superduty, I noticed your in Utica. I am in Rochester, Mi. Your not studding any of your sleds this year by chance, are you? If so, any chance I could stop by to check it out?
Spartan

Stud Installation - How?

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 11th, 2002, 7:06 am

I just did mine back at the end of Sept. A buddy of mine (one of the guys who taught me) has 2 to do this year. His brother bought a new one and so did his mom and they were both getting studded I know that for sure. He might already be done already though(I know they bought the studs at Novi). I'll call him later and ask him! If wosrt comes to worse, I(WE) could come over and help you out give you a hand and show you how to do it yourself! It's not that hard! Where abouts do you live in Roch.? How can I get a hold of you? I'd be happy to help you out, it's just a matter of us getting together some how. Ph.# or e-mail. Let me know!
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Stud Installation - How?

Postby Spartan » November 11th, 2002, 7:36 am

Superduty, thanks a lot. I live in the north part of Rochester, near Adams & Silver Bell. I am 2 miles north of Rochester Adams High school. My email address is phburns@guardian.com.

If your interested in dropping by for an hour or so, I'll spring for a case of beer and pizza.

Thanks a lot.
Spartan

Stud Installation - How?

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » November 11th, 2002, 8:17 am

Spartan
No Problem! I just e-mailed you.
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum