Subscribe Today

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love th

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Met a soon to be EX CAT rider this weekend....you'll love this mainecat....

Postby MM700 » August 18th, 2003, 8:53 am

NO ZR...the real idiot is the one (like yourself ) who either compare the RX-1 to other two strokes....or rip on it, when there is nothing to compare it to...the closest sled to compare it to is the cAT 660 turbo.....get it right....(to use one of your own words)...WAD!!!!!
MM700

Postby deadsled » August 18th, 2003, 9:40 am

MM, the question isn't whether the rx-1 is fast for a four stroke, we all know it is, but whether it is fast period. All along, two stroke riders argue that two stroke is better than four, and along come the yammi goons, and counter with "our four stroke is better than your fourstroke" You argue that a 1000 cc 4s should be allowed to race in a class with 800's or smaller. There is your answer. as long as they need a cc advantage, they are not faster. once rx-1s consistantly beat 2s sleds of the same size, yammi will really have something.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby zrcat » August 18th, 2003, 9:46 am

LOL,MM. YOU, are not getting it.

Think about what you are saying. You are putting your credibility on the line here.
zrcat

Postby M10rules » August 18th, 2003, 10:24 am

MM, you calling Yamaha company idiots? They were the first to compare it to 800s and SRXs.

Now the way I see it, Yamaha called the RX1 a HiPerformance sled. Cat called the T660 a touring sled. So a fair analogy that you yammiegoons will understand is R1 compared to a VStar 650 Classic. Makes alot of sense eh? Not our fualt Yamaha claimed that the RX1 was something its not!
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby MM700 » August 18th, 2003, 11:07 am

OK guys......show me CAT or anybody else's high performance 4 stroke....where is it????? And I still say Yamaha's showing at the soo was impressive for a 1st year model...period!!!!!......and BTW, anybody notice the old CAt shift again.....deflecting away from the original topic.....face it CAT sucks..unless you're a snocross wanna be or trade your sled in every other year....buying a CAT is a really bad idea...cause it won't be worth squat in 3 years....lol
MM700

Postby NorthernSkunk » August 18th, 2003, 11:10 am

mm you compared the 4 strokes to the 2 strokes with your moto-x comparison in this thread...then I ask how that works since I don't understand the last explanations given to me, not even bandits...then you refuse to explain yourself. Bottom line...yamaha lobbied the ISR to get the 4 stroke to race against smaller cc sleds so they would look better.......an lo' an behold....the ol blue haired racin fans jumped all over the soo race after yamaha got in the top ten. I agree racing is a big tool for marketing for the companies...but the diehard sledheads who want to be in front on the weekend with their buddies without having to come up with excuses or mathematical reasons know the difference. An in the real world the heavy ol 4 stroke ain't cuttin it...never mind breakin any trails lol.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby amsoilman » August 18th, 2003, 11:32 am

The Yamaha R1 bike engine is a good engine; but, in my opinion, it is a "tad" heavy for a performance oriented sled. It might have been a better fit in the Venture touring sled line.
I can't understand why Yamaha didn't come out with an HPDI (High Pressure Direct Injection) 2-stroke sled. They are using the technology successfully in their outboard motor line. In my opinion, they could have built a lightweight, EPA compliant screamer around that technology.
amsoilman

Postby SNOBALLZ » August 18th, 2003, 1:32 pm

I agree, 700 M&Ms....the 660 4 stroke IS a car engine (FACT) Even with the turbo, it is slower than the RX-1 or a same cc 2 stroke (fact) AND the F-7 chassis IS a sno X inspired sled.....I don't like the ride and handling, nor the style. My opinion. I also feel the same way with the DOO Rev. Some like it, some don't. I'm dissapointed that Cat is dropping the OLD chassis for the new. If I can't get a standard chassis for a CAT product when it's time for my NEXT purchase......I won't buy Cat...OR DOO, for that matter.....and seeing as Yammi doesn't build a MAN sized sled....I guess my next sled will be a PULL YER AZZ!
...................just MY 2 PESOS!
SNOBALLZ

Postby zrcat » August 18th, 2003, 2:23 pm

Snoballz, we need to get together and talk about this!!!!! Don't say it!!! you wouldn't!!!!AAaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!
zrcat

Postby Mainecat » August 18th, 2003, 2:46 pm

MM think outside your blue box for a minute. OK lets say we argue about the Cat 370 fan sled. Its superior than a Yamaha because Yamaha does not build a model to compete with it. Right? MM your really off here. The post that started all this was about a guy you met that didn't like the Firecat or Sabercats but loved his ZL800 OK? Why didn't he consider the 900? Did you even ask or is this another made up story? Yamaha has a limited lineup that includes 2 quasi performance sleds the RX and Viper. Both are for smooth groomed trails as you have stated before. Almost 70% of the time I ride on real rough trails and like a very light and powerful sled that runs on any type of trail thats why I choose to ride what I do. Yamaha has really pigeonholed themselves with their limited offerings don't you think? If Yamaha built a 800 twin 2 stroker with a really good skid you guys would eat it up. Admit it:)
Mainecat

PreviousNext

Return to Trash Talkers