Subscribe Today

Cat's new Sno Pro

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby sueperdave » October 1st, 2003, 1:46 am

OK, we all have seen the CAD drwings of the new sno pro that pretty much copies the REV but...
How many of you firecat riders who claim they don't like the REV riding position (or that the REV is a one dimensional sled, Skunk)are going to leave AC when that is what you are going to be riding.
Now I know that AC claims (yea right) that these ergonomics are for the racer only, but when the consumer edition shows up to the showroom floor sporting the same specs, how many of you are going to belly up to the crow smorgasboard!!!!
Maincat, how do you respond?
sueperdave

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby Big Slick » October 1st, 2003, 2:00 am

This should be good.
Probably will have nothing to do with what you just mentioned. But more of a Ski-Doo copy cat answer.
quote=NorthernSkunk...jus another dumbazz comment that is full of schitt....when the f/k are you gonna grow up....
Big Slick

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby zrcat » October 1st, 2003, 2:16 am

So what you are saying is the REV is nothing more than a new seat?
zrcat

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby Big Slick » October 1st, 2003, 2:36 am

Nope not at all.
The REV took all the good stuff from various brands and put it all together FIRST.(Actually,I think the A-arm suspention that they IMPROVED on was about it from A.C.) Anything else is just a wanna-be now.

But look at the bright side though. Arctic Crap MIGHT have a chance on becomeing a good sled someday.

That last statement did sound kinda funny as we all know that Arctic Cat SUCKS!!!
quote=NorthernSkunk...jus another dumbazz comment that is full of schitt....when the f/k are you gonna grow up....
Big Slick

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby zrcat » October 1st, 2003, 2:47 am

Slick, you think the A-arm suspension on the REV is better than CAT's? You gotta be kidding me!!? The REVs front end is so tinker toy its a joke.

CAT's just to look at has much better thought and application. I'm comfortable running hard with a CAT. Never would I be with the REVs front end.....DOO obviously was looking to keep profit margin by using less.

Oh, btw, DOO sucks. Less than polaris though, poo sucks the most. hehehe.
zrcat

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby Mainecat » October 1st, 2003, 3:37 am

One thing for sure is Cat won't convert their entire line up like Doo did. The REV is ok I rode the proto a few years back. Its not for everyone. I like my F7 the way it is but who knows whats next. I will check my crystal ball and get back to you.:)
Mainecat

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby Big Slick » October 1st, 2003, 4:09 am

Well I Can see where you think the A-arms are tinker-toy'ish but as long as you don't hit anything, (culvert,trees,etc...)going faster than 10 mph you shouldn't have to worry about it.
But wait...Isn't that true about Arctic Cats too?

Hmmm...Lets look at this a little closer. A-arms that hold up very well in sno-x races that weigh less than the compitition. YEP, sounds good to me.

Oh thats right, racing doesn't matter and besides, you ride ALOT harder than those guys right?!? (They're just over-paid pussycats)

Get a grip. Arctic Cat still is #3 and probably will be for awhile yet.
Big Slick

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby snirt » October 1st, 2003, 4:10 am

that is ignunt, zrcat. you think the doo design is inferior because you think it looks bad? i think cat's design is fine, it's tried and true and there's no reason to change it. but as long as doo was designing it from scratch, they took out a bunch of unsprung weight and simplified the design. what's wrong with that? it's obviously not as weak as you would like it to be, i never heard of anyone breaking them last year. (i can only speak for the abuse mine took).

the ball-joint design is the same concept used in cars and trucks for years.

so once again, please get off the doo ifs. make fun of fogging guages, or stupid looking beaver-flaps or something.
snirt

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby willpower » October 1st, 2003, 4:17 am

Cat might be a good sled someday! What a joke! Lets see, it took Doo about 30 years to build a sled that STARTS reliable-HANDLES well- isn't a TANK & doesn't BEAT the livin @!%& out of the driver!!
hmmm----30 + years to be more like a CAT!
willpower

Cat's new Sno Pro

Postby snirt » October 1st, 2003, 4:18 am

so you're saying that todays doo's are as good as 30 year old cats?
snirt

Next

Return to Trash Talkers