Subscribe Today

Going to Hastings tomorrow!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Long time cat man » October 11th, 2003, 12:49 pm

Nothing going on tomorrow, so if it doesn't rain, I'am going to check out the show at Hastings, Mi. I'am gonna check out the antique sled display there Roger!
Long time cat man

Postby Burky » October 11th, 2003, 1:03 pm

Went today. Picked up some items off my winter list. Got a spare belt and carbides for the 700. But the big item was a sled dolly. I bought an "Eazymove" cart for moving the sled around. This is the one that slides in under the sled from one side just ahead of the track, and picks up on the back bumper. We tried several of the ones that go over the outsode of the sled with the pneumatic tires, but the handling weight and balance was much worse than this one. So even though it was a few dollars more, I bought it. In fact, Dad bought one too. Talked to a guy that does shock rebuilding, seeing about having the longer travel shocks for the Yamaha done up. I have a set of longer travel shocks from a Viper for the SX, just need to have the valved the way I want them. Might just go ahead and send them to one of the Yamaha shops that specialize in doing them.
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Postby M10rules » October 11th, 2003, 1:10 pm

Going to be there tomarrow too LTCM. Any idea about what time your going to get there? Not sure when I'm gonna head down. Probably just gonna brave any rain and take the bike down.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby Long time cat man » October 11th, 2003, 3:05 pm

The guy who rode the Ski-doo when we rode together last year is going to meet me at the Alma interchange at 10pm. So I guess that will get us there about 11am. Give me a shout if you wanna come this far by bike and than ride on 4 wheels the rest of the way. Or meet us at Alma US127 interchange in the morning.
Long time cat man

Postby QueenOfTheForest » October 11th, 2003, 3:08 pm

Hmmmm.......what's the entrance fee to get in? I'd like to head over after work :) I only live a few miles away and hadn't even realized it was going on!!! :( lol
It's at the fairgrounds correct?
~Shannon~
[url=http://fullsizebronco.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=1255]My '89 Bronco Specs & Pics.[/url]
[url=http://community.webshots.com/album/79938534MhOnxd]My Art[/url]
QueenOfTheForest

Postby M10rules » October 11th, 2003, 3:09 pm

I'll probably roll in there about the same time. If you see an ape on a Sportster thats probably me LOL Its a quick shot down there from here. GR is just over an hour and Hastings is only about 30 miles more so not bad.
M10rules

Postby Long time cat man » October 11th, 2003, 3:22 pm

I think I'll be driving the Red "97" TA Ram Air Matt. I think I have your cell phone # here somewhere, so keep it on and I'll give ya a buzz if I don't find ya. Entrance fee is $10, but profits go to the MSA-good cause!
Long time cat man

Postby M10rules » October 11th, 2003, 3:24 pm

Soon as I get there I will turn the phone on. If I don't answer just leave a message.
M10rules

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » October 11th, 2003, 4:33 pm

I'll be there to pick up my precision skis. I've got a set on hold with a vendor.
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Postby Xtreme XC » October 11th, 2003, 7:18 pm

Went today... bought a few things in the swap area before the race (even a Avenger II for $150!!) then hung out in the pits the rest of the day. Hazard racing had their cookout and had some awsome food after the races. Left there around 10:30. Boy do my feet hurt!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Next

Return to Trash Talkers