Subscribe Today

Another Polaris rippoff

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby willpower » January 30th, 2004, 7:48 am

My freind blew an axle bearing in his 02 polaras so he ordered one from the dealer. $27 for a NTN Japenese bearing.I told him I never buy bearings from the dealers, but go to a local bearing distributer and get an AMERICAN made one for less money. We went to the distributer with the new bearing cause my buddy wanted a spare ( lots of bearing problems with polarases lately). After about 10 minutes he came out shaking his head and said even though he is a NTN distributer he can not get this particular bearing. Only polaras can purchase it from the manufacturer. Why doesn't this surprise me!! Typical polarass!!!
willpower

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby blizzardman » January 30th, 2004, 9:38 am

you gotta look a little harder,try getting parts for caterpillars.i needed a little bearing for my govorner and it was cat only and like 38.00,went to at least 10 different places,before i found one cost me 5.00,whats the number on your bearing
blizzardman

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby Loudhandle » January 30th, 2004, 9:42 am

POO POO LMFAO
Keepin the flipper wicked since 1978
Loudhandle

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby leelanaumotorsports » January 31st, 2004, 1:27 pm

That simply is not true, the bearings are out there you can find em if you look! And frankly all manufactures do the same thing, it is buisness, it sucks but it is done that way.
[b]Ride Hard, Ride Safe.[b]
leelanaumotorsports

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby snofisher » January 31st, 2004, 2:18 pm

the place my dad works at stocks about every polaris bearing on the sled, they cost me about 4 bucks to get one from him. I would say the distributor you are using sucks. btw we also have guys who ride the other brands and have had no trouble getting bearings for them.
snofisher

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby snofisher » January 31st, 2004, 2:47 pm

just wanted to say that the place my pa works at rebuilds industrial type radial arm saws and such. The polaris bearing (s) are very common and should not be hard to find. most, i think are 1" sealed with or with out a locking collar.
snofisher

Another Polaris rippoff

Postby OPTIMUS » January 31st, 2004, 6:33 pm

So who gives a s~h~i~t why do you care about stupid things.You should make your own bearings if you can.And stop worrying and making stupid posts.Or tell your jedi friends to fix that polaris.LOL
REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD!!!
OPTIMUS

Return to Trash Talkers