Subscribe Today

Cat, DOO and the "Mythical New Chassis"

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby F3600 » February 24th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Cat and Doo's "New" chassis's are a real joke.

Cat M chassis, nothing more than a longtracked F chassis with different hood and belly pan plastic. Isn't it funny how the 900 doesn't fit in either the M or the F, but the 600 and 700 fit in both.

Doo RT chassis and its 2 inch rider pushback. Can you all say steering post change. WOW!

I've got that down as:
Cat - DD throught lineup and BNG
DOO - New 1000cc engine and BNG

LOL
[red]POLARIS - If its in the race, its on top the podium[/red]
F3600

Postby kawicat » February 24th, 2004, 3:59 pm

YOUR NOT GOING TO LAST HERE LONG....DUDE.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

Postby Joshua » February 24th, 2004, 4:02 pm

What's your point?
Joshua

Postby ArcticEd » February 24th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Actually, the "M" chassis is quite a bit different.. it used the diamond drive, and is equipped with a 15 inch track, which required a wider tunnel, and corresponding changes to the bulkhead in order to accomidate the wider tunnel. The reason that the 900 engine isn't in the F or M chassis isn't funny, it's obvious... The way that the new chassis were designed and how they carry the engine dictates that the intake and exhaust exit on the same side, and also they have a crankcase that is different enough from the 800/900 cases to preclude their use in the F?M bulkhead. I'm certain that there is a new big bore engine under development for use in the near future. As far as SKiDoo is concerned, I can't comment on the Mach1 (I haven't had time to become familiar with this sled, just the same as anyone else who's ) other than this.. Not everyone loves the Rev, and Bombardier knows it, so I believe that they're combining the best of their new (A-Arms, mass centralization) with their old (a more relaxed and traditional riding posture) and wrapping it up so that they still have the instant identifiability of the newest SkiDoos... Nothing looks like a Rev, whether you love it or hate it, you have to admit that point.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Postby M10rules » February 24th, 2004, 4:10 pm

[quote]Cat M chassis, nothing more than a longtracked F chassis with different hood and belly pan plastic. Isn't it funny how the 900 doesn't fit in either the M or the F, but the 600 and 700 fit in both.[/quote]

The M chassis not new hood and plastic. The hood and plastic are just modified Firecat plastics. BUT the chassis is widened, and heavily modified FCat/1m mix. The 900 won't fit in the F or M chassis becasue they use a completely different mounting system (cradle the engine on the sides rather then underneath). Both the F and M chassis mount the motor from the sides, with no room on the rear side for carbs (the 900 has carbs on the rear of the motor). The F7 and F6 motor were designed specifically to fit the F and M chassis.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Postby KneeDeepInSnow » February 24th, 2004, 4:11 pm

actually the RT chassis structure is bigger so they could fit the 1000 in........ but you knew that.... and even if it is the same as the rEv chassis...........big deal......... the rev chassis..........is amazing, and it was never meant to be different........just an adaptation for a bigger powerplant
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/KDX250/SDbrbr.jpg[/IMG]
[b][i][blue]DAYS GET SHORTER, SNOW GETS DEEPER, LIFE GETS BETTER[/blue][/i][/b]
KneeDeepInSnow

Postby F3600 » February 24th, 2004, 4:44 pm

Why won't I last long Kawi? You've been here for a long time and haven't said anything relevent or amusing the entire time.

Really Ed, I didn't know a different tunnel constituted a new chassis.

I thought the REV chassis was the end all be all? The 1000 is still a twin, come on lets ride it like a snowcrosser. Why turn it into a lake runner. I thought those were dead.
[red]POLARIS - If its in the race, its on top the podium[/red]
F3600

Postby SNOBALLZ » February 24th, 2004, 4:52 pm

.....so here are three serious words, that seem FUNNY when put together:
LIGHTWEIGHT 1000 TWIN
LMFAO
SNOBALLZ

Postby SNOBALLZ » February 24th, 2004, 4:54 pm

......and the redline on a 1000cc twin would be what, 5500 RPM?
SNOBALLZ

Postby M10rules » February 24th, 2004, 5:01 pm

F3600...
First, any change in tunnel width requires a change in the bulkhead, thus it has a new bulkhead and new tunnel. So yes it is a new chassis.

Second, to help us here, what is your definition of "new chassis"?
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Next

Return to Trash Talkers