Subscribe Today

Polaris 900 Fusion horsepower ?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby OPTIMUS » March 8th, 2004, 6:21 pm

I am wondering what the hell they are hiding.This sled is gonna cost me 12,000 canadian.And i dont know the f.u.c.k.i.n.g horsepower or weight.Dammit are they shy of this things weight and horsepower.Come on polaris get your head outta yer arse.
REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD!!!
OPTIMUS

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 8th, 2004, 6:35 pm

Are you braggin or complainin?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby luvthemud » March 8th, 2004, 6:35 pm

you should have expected that, when has polaris ever released weight or horsepower for any of their sleds. wait a little bit and dyno specs will start popping up. that does tell you that it doesn;t have as much as the zr900, otherwise they would tell you.
2004 Red Team Arctic F7
luvthemud

Postby studs4me » March 8th, 2004, 7:23 pm

LOL @ Luv....The dry weight of the Fusion was posted as 509 lbs. HP 160. These where numbers from the early builds.
Compare to AC ZR900 507 Lbs. HP 150
Doo MachZ Adren 517 lbs. HP 168
a sno-x racer told me about his riding the Mach and the one he rode was said to be putting out 178 HP. His mod racer puts out 185 ponies and he was impressed with the p'werband of the machz. After his ride on the Machz the Frenchman from Doo told him the 05 build would not be tuned as high as the proto's ...something about a few burned down engines on the early builds made the effort to large for the timeline.
[red] "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, booze in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally wornout and screaming WOHOO!! what a ride!"
[/red]
studs4me

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 8th, 2004, 7:33 pm

like that has never happened before eh....manufacturers hypin next years sleds....does "big bump champ" ring a bell lol....or "4 strokes are the future"..I can't believe anyone falls for that stuff. Just ride em'......an if you think you're fast then race them...

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby NorthernSkunk » March 8th, 2004, 7:36 pm

OH!...an if you think your fast but don't want to race for real...then visit here....lol.....oops...is this amsnot?....lol

NorthernSkunk

Postby 96XCR600 » March 8th, 2004, 9:09 pm

Polaris released the sled without releasing the hp #'s. Big deal. Maybe their just doing a little bit more research on the motor till they find the right combination for performance and reliability. Stop *****in about it. Look what happened to Arctic Cat when they didn't do this, came out with a Firecrate. Found out their motor couldn't hang so they detuned it. Chill out, im sure the sled you get will be alot better than what the Green sheep ended up with.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/XC800SP/4%20Wheelin/Tenneseetrip-1.jpg[/IMG]
Quads...
2005 Polaris Phoenix (kid #1)
2004 Sportsman 700 MOBU (mine)
2004 Yamaha Blaster (wifey)
2003 Sportsman 90 (kid #2)
1989 Yamaha Big Bear 350 (spare)
96XCR600

Postby zrcat » March 9th, 2004, 12:33 am

So what you are saying 96xcr is, poo is offering a sled for the market before completely getting the sled ready 100%? WOW. I guess this will be the flop of the year for poo. Putting a sled out for the consumers before finishing R&D!!! Good luck to those that buy it....LMAO!!
zrcat

Postby The Grand Poobah » March 9th, 2004, 12:47 am

[quote]you should have expected that, when has polaris ever released weight or horsepower for any of their sleds. [/quote]

I'd rather have that than Cat posting false HP and weight numbers...but I guess they know who their market is: slack-jawed yokels who only look for 2 categories on the spec sheet - weight and HP....but maybe those are the only categories they can read.

zr - you can't say squat about a sled being rushed to market. The Firecat is going on it's 3rd year, and only now maybe reliable and free of all it's bugs....and I stress maybe!
The Grand Poobah

Postby Pol-Cat » March 9th, 2004, 1:34 am

First year snowmobiles are junk, period. People that run out and get the first new pile are often the blindest sheep of them all. Yamaha has about the only thing that is dependable the first year, except they ride like a lumberwagon.
My vision is better then my hearing...shut up and show me something.
Pol-Cat

Next

Return to Trash Talkers