Subscribe Today

S.D.I 2-STROKE -VS- 4-STROKE what is your money on

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby OPTIMUS » March 21st, 2004, 3:10 pm

I would put my money on a S.D.I 2-stroke anyday.4-strokes arent exciting enough yet and they are too frickin heavy.Come on yall what gets your money.What gives you the power that makes ya smile.You know as well as i do 2-stroke power will live forever.Snowmobiling needs 2-strokes.A snowmobiling world without 2-stroke is like a world without women,beer and music.yall know what i mean
REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD!!!
OPTIMUS

Postby candoo » March 21st, 2004, 3:34 pm

My money will always go to 2 stokes over four strokes due to there simplicity and weight advantages. Thankfully I ride Skidoo and they are well positioned to rule to two stroke market for awile. Unless of course other manufactures pay for there technology. Hopefully the rest step up and come up new ideas to keep two strokes around for ever.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/candoo/skidoobee.jpg height=100 width=100[/img]
candoo

Postby YFZRX » March 21st, 2004, 3:57 pm

I vote for both.DI will replace S.D.I. just like the outboards. Yamaha owns it's Direct injection teh on the outboards. If you look at the rest of the powersports world I would say two stroke have a short life. I own a YZ250 2S and a YZ450F 4S and I like riding the 4S. Same with Quads Banshee and YFZ450 4S is my number one choice. Look at SX MX racing this year the 125cc class is almost all 4S. Honda decided to build more CRF250's in place of CR125 MX bikes theis year. The customer will make the choice if DI type two strokes will be around in 10 years. But from history in the powersports world I would say that you will be riding some type of FOUR STROKE.
Ryan Pollow
YFZRX

Postby candoo » March 21st, 2004, 4:10 pm

I have no doubt that SDI will fall by the wayside, however Skidoo does have many irons in the fire other than SDI. They positioned themselves well to pressure non four stroke manufactures to come up with there own ideas and fast. For example what is Polaris going to do next year? No doubt they are spending lots of time and money on development of there own compliant system. This time and money takes away from sled R and D and they could really fall behind fast. Right now the profits are in ATV's from last reports I read.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/candoo/skidoobee.jpg height=100 width=100[/img]
candoo

Postby funkadelic101 » March 21st, 2004, 4:16 pm

The only thing I'll venture to put my money on is that you will make an A$$ out of yourself.....

:)
Liberty without Virtue is Slavery to Vice
funkadelic101

Postby Pol-Cat » March 21st, 2004, 4:20 pm

4strokes, no doubt about. The only way you'll be able to see a 2stroke run in 10 years is if they allow them in vintage racing. SDI is just a band aid, not a solution.
My vision is better then my hearing...shut up and show me something.
Pol-Cat

Postby candoo » March 21st, 2004, 4:31 pm

You are right! If you still are driving a polaris.
candoo

Postby kenlacy » March 21st, 2004, 4:36 pm

Pol's new fusion is DI or SDI - injects directly into the crankcase - whatever you want to call it and is compliant. Those motors will be on the majority of their sleds next year so Pol is already covered.

Well, I thought I had read it was compliant but I just read in another post that it is not. - so disregard my BS :-)
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby FMX_387 » March 21st, 2004, 4:40 pm

YFZRX is probably right about the fact that there are more 4 strokes in the SX and MX series this year, but I haven't noticed any 4strokes 'cause i've been watching the battles for the lead
[img]http://www.geocities.com/f6m6x6/SuicideCliffhanger_02.jpg height=400 width=500[/img]
FMX_387

Postby candoo » March 21st, 2004, 4:40 pm

Well there you go. I thought this was a sled forum.
candoo

Next

Return to Trash Talkers