Subscribe Today

Independance Day

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Independance Day

Postby Mainecat » June 26th, 2002, 1:16 am

Independence Day

A lesser known fact: the real name of the statue known as the Statue of Liberty is "Liberty Lighting the World". The statue was a gift to the US from France in 1876 to mark the 100th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. With this gift, the nation of France celebrated our Revolution and recognized a fundamental truth revealed by our Revolution: the name, Liberty Lighting the World, acknowledged the amazing power of freedom, and of free men and women, to improve their own lives and the human condition. The words "We hold these truths to be self-evident...", which appear in the Declaration, specifically recognize the basic human right to be able to think for one's self; and the right to self-determination. The independence and freedoms that we value so highly today are based on individual liberty. This Fourth of July, remember and give thanks for the patriots past and present, and reflect upon the importance of their sacrifice.

NEVER FORGET
Mainecat
Mainecat

Independance Day

Postby ArcticEd » June 26th, 2002, 3:37 am

Anyone ever tell you that you're like a cross between The Discovery Channel and Comedy Central, Richard??? LOL.........Actually, I kinda enjoy these bits and pieces of trivia.
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Independance Day

Postby maxiracer » June 26th, 2002, 5:01 am

Sniff, sniff,....that was BEAUTIFUL man!!!! God bless the USA!!!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Independance Day

Postby Mainecat » June 26th, 2002, 5:02 am

Those are my favorite programs ed. I also watch Iron Chef on Food TV too. So pick something alive or dead and I can cook it. I am very confused right now.................
Mainecat

Independance Day

Postby BartZR600 » June 26th, 2002, 6:48 am

Thanks Mainecat! U.S. Navy 1988-1994, and proud of it!
BartZR600

Independance Day

Postby Mainecat » June 26th, 2002, 9:49 am

No thank you Bart
Mainecat

Independance Day

Postby MachZE » June 26th, 2002, 9:50 am

Hey Bart, I was in during the same time period. Went to boot camp at Great Mistakes in Jul. '88 and got out in Mar. '94. I spent 2&1/2 years in Keflavik, Iceland and 3 years onboard the U.S.S. America {CV-66}. I was an Aviation Ground Support Equipment Technician, how about you?
MachZE

Independance Day

Postby old_bart » June 26th, 2002, 10:08 am

BartZR600
You are Wellcome to internacional discussion of SNOWMOBILING!!!!!!

Independent day in FINLAND!!!!!!Is 06.11!

Dosn`t matter. Happy Summer!!!!!!!!!

I come later!!!!!!!!

OLD !!! Beard!!!!!!!!
To Name of Good,Son and .357
You must be of legal drinking age to enter this website.
old_bart

Independance Day

Postby Polaris500 » June 26th, 2002, 10:20 am

Hey Mainecat too bad the so called "judges" out west didn't read that, they have now declared it unconstitutional to say the pledge of allegiance
Polaris500

Independance Day

Postby BartZR600 » June 27th, 2002, 1:52 am

He MXZEric! I went to boot camp in Orlando and entered the nuclear power program. Ended up on board a SSBN (USS George C. Marshall SSBN-654) and a sub tender (USS L.Y. Spear AS-36). I went to the Persian gulf on board the tender in 1991. Both ships are now decommisioned.
BartZR600

Next

Return to Trash Talkers