Subscribe Today

new oval racing suspension rules should come along with a we

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

new oval racing suspension rules should come along with a we

Postby ovalracer » July 10th, 2002, 2:15 pm

I have heard about some rule changes in the suspensions for the stock classes. Since the lighter suspension components (sprinter suspenions) should bring up a rule for a minimmum weight limit. This would make it more fair for both the other racers using the lighter suspensions and the racers staying with stock suspensions.
Some people are saying that the organizations are making the rules that teams like Wahl's, Ramesh, and Houle aren't always in the front. But if the organizations would sit back and think it is only going to make them faster because they have both the time and the money to make their sleds faster.
ovalracer

new oval racing suspension rules should come along with a weight limit

Postby 17champ » July 11th, 2002, 5:21 am

they should do away with the new rule...
17champ

Postby maxiracer » July 11th, 2002, 6:01 am

Why do away with it? Just because it might make a sled easier to race and setup? I'd think you big bucks guys would love the advantage!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby 29NE » July 11th, 2002, 8:43 am

I think they should do away with the rule. All they are doing is making it harder to build a sled for the guy that is just getting into the sport. The suspension and front ends are more money, and if you don't know what your doing, you won't go any faster. Until we met John Hooper, we were getting by and then John showed us how to set up a snowmobile. We were so far off the mark, it was just good driving by Philip that helped us win races. John showed us the way to set it up and we went from there.

John has said several times he would love to put on a seminar about how to set up a oval sled and then each of the brand leaders could be there, people like Mike Houle, Durmont and Dave Wahl, and Tim Bender.

This idea was presented to those who would be involved but never became a reality yet. Time, money and logistics would be a problem. Some help from the factories would be nice too for cost.

This is a great idea instead of making more rules that cost the average snowmoblie racer just getting into the sport. We need new racers not new rules. We need the people on the trails to come out and race there buddies on the track. Safe racing in a controlled area.

Just my thoughts on the whole oval rule changes.
Patrick Mullins Wrench #29NE

*This Message was edited on 11-Jul-02 01:44 PM by 29NE*
29NE

Postby Raceboy28 » July 11th, 2002, 2:12 pm

I could'nt have said it any better Patrick. The new rule should be gone, no questions asked.
Raceboy28

Return to General Racing Board