Subscribe Today

Arctic Cat clutching

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Arctic Cat clutching

Postby Ramm_jett » September 4th, 2002, 8:07 am

I recently purchased a ZR 600 with a yellow/green primary spring and A-23 weights and the secondary spring is purple. Can anyone tell me what kind of performance I can expect from this set up and what rpm engagement will be.Also how many grams are the A-23 weights. Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.
Ramm_jett

Arctic Cat clutching

Postby Xtreme XC » September 4th, 2002, 5:15 pm

I don't know the Cat colors and weight numbers but you may have good luck with info over on www.Amsnow.com sled forums. Very informative over there.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Arctic Cat clutching

Postby IRON WILL » September 5th, 2002, 5:51 am

I would need some more info. What year is the sled, who made the clutch parts, or where were they from(BM,D&D,etc.) What helix is in the sled. If you know the gears that would help to. The cam arm number could be a AC cam arm or a comet cam arm. If it was an A-23 comet it is a 53.5gm weight. The number on the cat arm normally indicates its weight, which would make that a 23gm weight. Way to light for it to be right. e-mail me wstig@hotmail.com
I'll do what i can to help you out if you can get me more info.
Ride Green Or Go Home.
IRON WILL

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum