Subscribe Today

War and Peace

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

War and Peace

Postby deadsled » March 7th, 2003, 12:24 am

I watched the Bush press conference last night. well, 5 minutes of it anyway.

My question is, if Bush wants to make decisions and rule the whole world, shouldn't the whole world be allowed to vote in the next US election?
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

War and Peace

Postby Luv2sled » March 7th, 2003, 12:27 am

Dink
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

War and Peace

Postby kenlacy » March 7th, 2003, 1:09 am

Deadsled - like they say - opinions are like azzholes, everyones got one.

Hopefully your countrymen have a little more intelligence than you.

You have the benefit of us helping you - so we are the target not you - of Saddam.

Call me crazy but I like the idea of a President that could care less what the rest of the world thinks if our nation is in the crosshairs.

*This Message was edited on 07-Mar-03 06:09 AM by kenlacy*
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

War and Peace

Postby deadsled » March 7th, 2003, 1:26 am

Just yankin chains. I guess I should have put some smiley faces in there. To tell you the truth, I kind of like bush as a president. I will admit, I can't quite figure out what this war is for. He keeps claiming 9/11, but what connection does Iraq have?

I am sure Bush has his reasons, and they are probably good ones, but from the news we get, it doesn't seem like he is giving us his real reasons. The weapons inspections sounds like the official excuse to try and win votes of the UN (Can't always trust the news, but I've got nothing else to go on)

The problem is, if he has a real good reason, there are probably security/intelligence reasons why he can't put it on the news. Got to trust him.

My official position: as a christian, I feel that war is always wrong. (I know, not all christians feel the same, differences of interpretation). Doing nothing is wrong too. So which one is the lesser evil? I don't know, but for now, I keep hoping somehow this can be solved with a minimum of people dying, for both sides.

deadsled

War and Peace

Postby snirt » March 7th, 2003, 1:33 am

everyone talks about the risks of war, and they are very real. but what the doves are not considering is the risk of doing nothing. saddam's track record speaks for itself. nobody wants war, but i think george is making the hard decision to do what's right even in the face of massive opposition around the world. i think he is confident that what we find in iraq after it's liberated will justify our actions. if this happens, i hope george rubs france and germany's nose in it. i think clintons 8 years of complacency and poll watching (among other things) have made george & co. look like a bulldog by comparison.
snirt

War and Peace

Postby kenlacy » March 7th, 2003, 1:36 am

Dead - sorry If I was a little harsh. I just get tired of listening to the idiots in our country on the news all morning about protesting war.

I don't like or wish for war - but the guy is not disarming and he has no intention too.

Hell, they just bought a whole bunch of US and British military uniforms to put on their soldiers so when they slaughter their own people it will look like us.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

War and Peace

Postby kenlacy » March 7th, 2003, 1:54 am

The reasons 9/11 plays a factor.

1) Saddam supports terrorism - there is no question about that.

2) Saddam has threatened attacks on the US and continues to so even while supposedly "dis-arming".

3)The cost of 9/11 to our nation (and the world) was devastating - same thing if Saddam attacks us.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

War and Peace

Postby deadsled » March 7th, 2003, 2:07 am

Personally, I think the real reason, or at least part of it, is oil. Of course, I think that is a great reason. People always say it is horrible to fight a war over oil. I say, that is more valid than lots of reasons. Our entire lives depend on oil. If you remove our oil, you remove our standard of living. Guaranteeing that we can live good lives means guaranteeing a supply of oil. (At least untill viable alternatives are found.)
deadsled

War and Peace

Postby kenlacy » March 7th, 2003, 2:19 am

It would be ignorant to say that oil is not a small part of the equation - but again, it is just a small part of it.

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

War and Peace

Postby snirt » March 7th, 2003, 2:29 am

personally i think the connection between the war and oil is much thinner than the conncetion between war and terrorism. what george wants most is a UN blessed operation, with broad participation. if that happened, what oil benefit would that get us? we have cheap oil right now, and allies in the region. if oil were the most important thing, we would be aggressively trying to stablize in venezuella right now.
snirt

Next

Return to Trash Talkers