Subscribe Today

03 Cat sno pro

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

03 Cat sno pro

Postby Babbie » October 9th, 2003, 11:41 pm

What do you all think about a 03 cat sno pro being used as a trail sled.I understand that I'll have to re-ring the motor at about 500 miles,but other then that what do you all think ? I spent a day riding one last year but that's just one day .
Babbie

03 Cat sno pro

Postby Joe D. » October 9th, 2003, 11:52 pm

The snopro is a high compression motor it requires race fuel to keep it running,also the pro comes with a small fuel tank you will need to change it.
Joe D.

03 Cat sno pro

Postby zrcat » October 9th, 2003, 11:53 pm

You'll need to jet carb and change it's ignition box. It will not run long at trail speeds and consistant throttle settings very long. Sno-Pro in stock form is a very high-strung sled.

Also, you won't have to re-ring every 500 miles.
zrcat

03 Cat sno pro

Postby Babbie » October 9th, 2003, 11:57 pm

I guess I should think about the F-7 over the snopro
Babbie

03 Cat sno pro

Postby The Grand Poobah » October 10th, 2003, 1:45 am

The sno-pro is a snocross sled, end of story. All I have to say to someone who wants to trail one is why? That's what the F5 is for.

I will never understand why everyone wants to try and make a sno-x sled into a trail sled. Small gas tanks, super high strung engines, high compression heads, high-octane gas, no ergos, sled built for standing over sitting...not a good mix for cruising on the trails. If you want a cat that's light and good for ripping on the trails, get an F5. At least you'll have some comfort and a warranty.
The Grand Poobah

03 Cat sno pro

Postby Babbie » October 10th, 2003, 5:59 am

Well after riding a zr800 it would be very hard to ride a f5 , I may as well ride my wife 02 zr 500 and as for the snopro go's I've been on the lake and seen alot of big cc sleads go down by those little 440s even the ski doo snopro can kick butt all the way up to the 800cc sleds. I'm not new to this sport I've been riding for 34years now , I'm now 41 and can still out ride most guys hafe my age. I'm just looking at somthing differnt to play with.
Babbie

03 Cat sno pro

Postby Xtreme XC » October 10th, 2003, 6:07 am

You'd also want to relocate that brack back under the hood on a '03 sno-pro. With the brake down on the driveshaft every corner you have to brake for you will have no brake reaction for a little bit due to it being wet. This is exaclty why Cat put the brake right back up on the jackshaft for the F5-F7 and '04 Sno Pro.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

03 Cat sno pro

Postby The Grand Poobah » October 10th, 2003, 6:16 am

Well are you looking for something for the lakes or trails? You initially said for trails...

sure they'll hang with the bigger cc sleds - they're race sleds. They aren't made for trails though - too unreliable for general "pull and go" use, not enough range, and not comfortable enough for long trips.

If I had enough cash it'd be kinda cool to have one for taking out for a serious rip every now and then, but to have one as my trail sled for an entire season? Not a chance.

There's a reason why they don't sell them to the general public.
The Grand Poobah

Return to Trash Talkers