Subscribe Today

rides from old forge

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

rides from old forge

Postby SLOW DOO » November 2nd, 2003, 4:06 pm

what are some good rides from old forge ,day or over night
SLOW DOO

rides from old forge

Postby BigJWalt » November 3rd, 2003, 1:58 am

Slow Doo, I am planning on going to Old Forge in January. Do you plan on going there as well?
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

rides from old forge

Postby Wicks Viper » November 3rd, 2003, 4:24 am

Slow doo. well me and my family are avid riders of old forge NY. we live in albany and old forge is only 2 hours away. we have a camp up there and we spen the whole winter there. there are many good trips you can take up there. several can be a day trip or even a couple day's trip. its all up to what you like more. if going out all day is what you like then there are about 10 good trips. All of these trips are just really big loops starting and ending in old forge. we know the best places to eat and the best places to ride and even fill up with gas. so if you want some good rides just ask and i will get you alot of details so that your time will be awesome. do you ride in old forge often ?
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>
Wicks Viper

rides from old forge

Postby BigJWalt » November 3rd, 2003, 5:02 am

Wicks, I have a trip planned to Old Forge and have never been there. Can you go into detail on places to eat, party, gass up, etc. Thank you.
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

rides from old forge

Postby Wicks Viper » November 5th, 2003, 3:28 am

Hey Big J, well inlet is a town about 10 miles from old forge and all their trails are connected to the ones in old forge. From the inlet trails you can gas up at big moose yamaha which is directly on route 28 ( the main road traveling through old forge,inlet,thendara okara lake, boonville ect) the price there is high but if you need gas thats where you can go. Trail 5 is the trail that connects the inlet trail system to the old forge trail system. on trail 5 about 2 min from big moose yamaha is a place called Dakers. They have some awesome cheese bread, it is a bar and resturant. Great place to party and eat& you can get there on sled or take your vehicle there's parking for both .If you follow trail 5 all the way into old forge it ends at Water Safari. from there you can take most roads any where. there are two big gas stations in old forge on rt 28. one is fasttrack & the other is Byrne Dairy mobil both of which are easily acessable from the roads and are not that far from eachother for good pizza in old forge go to grecco's . it is on rt 28 . if you want some entertainment they have one movie theatre , it is small but cozy. the whole town is nice . i belive december 12-13 is their anual sno-deo.
Wicks Viper

rides from old forge

Postby Wicks Viper » November 5th, 2003, 3:32 am

now if you need any more info just ask and I will send you all the info you want in great detail . these post messages just cant handle all of it .lol. The best place for lodging by the way I feel is the old forge camping resort. because they have heated cabins for $55 a night. Well catch ya on the flip side>>>>
Wicks Viper

rides from old forge

Postby indytrailmike » November 5th, 2003, 2:08 pm

a really good day trip is to Malone, NY - Stay overnight in Malone.
if conditions are good you can also get all the way to almost Utica
Old forge to Redfield or anywhere in western tug hill.
just to name a few
stay to the right
indytrailmike

rides from old forge

Postby SLOW DOO » November 7th, 2003, 9:56 am

I am going to start plotting my trips now
SLOW DOO

rides from old forge

Postby Neo » November 7th, 2003, 2:18 pm

Hey Slow Doo. I ride that area also. Old Forge, Inlet area. Thinking of doing a ride from Old Forge to Indian Lake back around to White Lake to Old Forge. Might be fun.

This year I might spend some more time with some friends that stay in a cabin in the Old Forge campground. If you are ever in the area we should hook up.
Neo

rides from old forge

Postby Wicks Viper » November 8th, 2003, 4:34 am

Hey Neo,
Do you know about the moose river plains? That's a real nice place to stop. Gotta be careful riding through there though because that's where everybody gets off their sleds to feed the deer. Have ya ever been to the Ole Barn? I haven't just was wondering if the food was any good
Wicks Viper

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum