Subscribe Today

LAMBEAU FIELD

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby sledneck112 » March 3rd, 2004, 12:45 pm

can we buy tickets at the door? please post soon thanks
sledneck112

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby yak165 » March 3rd, 2004, 1:48 pm

You may be able to get tickets for a reduced rate after people here this news...The Saturday race is going to be in the parking lot, sorry for those that paid $22 to watch the semipro and sport racers ride around the lambeau field parking lot...I'm sure WSA will give you some of your money back...And if your lucky, your $27.50 you paid in advance for Sunday, they just might run a race inside Lambeau...I know WSA has no control over Mother Nature, but hafta get a little Chuckle out of their timing of this event...
yak165

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby lafaveracer08 » March 3rd, 2004, 3:00 pm

You know..im not raggin on wsa for bringin sno-x into lambeau, cuz by all means im grateful. But i agree, i think they should've held it a lil earlier in the season. I know they try to go with the flow with all the locations. But wisconsin's weather is completly unprictable.
lafaveracer08

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby kawicat » March 3rd, 2004, 3:40 pm

i was going, but not after hearing that. screw it.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby yak165 » March 3rd, 2004, 4:10 pm

Kawcat, double check my facts, just in case they do have it inside but that is what the local news was reporting, plus we're suppose to get up to an 1" of rain on Friday, that can't help any.

They have a race in Canada in mid Jan. when it's 20 below, but schedule this in mid March? I now they can't have it during football season, but they may want to rethink the schedule a little, maybe the canadian races latter in the year??
yak165

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby ACSprintracer » March 4th, 2004, 1:05 am

I just heard on the radio that we have flood watches posted for the
area. They are talking heavy rains, not the snow as was first
predicted. What a bummer! Oh well, we have the race in Lake Geneva
to look forward to. But then again, maybe not.
LZabel
ACSprintracer

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby ChampFan » March 4th, 2004, 5:03 am

According to the radio ads for the Lambeau race, WSA is now the World Snowcross Association. I bet the ice guys love that....
ChampFan

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby Bunzai » March 4th, 2004, 5:36 am

As we sit here in our lazyboys, it's easy to say that the race should have been scheduled at another time. It's impossible for any of us to understand just how difficult it is to prepare a schedule all over the country. With all of the other race sites wanting specific dates , this one might have been the only open date and who could pass up an opportunity to race there?
The race in Wpg. will not move to a different date, Valcourt dictates when they want their race, and it goes on and on....
Like them or not, give WSA their dues for even getting this far. I'm told it's the only event, outside football, to be stagged in there. Yes it was a roll of the dice, but the pay off would have been worth it....
Bunzai

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby Moltar » March 4th, 2004, 6:32 am

I still have not decided if we are going Sunday.

My question is did they make any snow when the weather was cold? If not, shame on them for waiting. WI weather has the suck.
sideways and smiling
Moltar

LAMBEAU FIELD

Postby xcsp » March 4th, 2004, 7:22 am

They had tried to make snow, but it's hard to keep it when you have several days in the 40-50 degree range with a lot of sunshine! And with Lambeau Field, they cannot haul it in on the field so the field doesn't get damaged.

A back-up location nearby would have been nice. Mother Nature sure can mess up a great weekend of racing, may just need to drive up north and ride the sleds instead.
xcsp

Next

Return to General Racing Board