Subscribe Today

Killed a big deer with my REV

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby mxz7adrenaline » December 18th, 2004, 2:59 am

Riding on Vandercook Rd.(wide, fast trail) near Minocqua at about 9:30 last night, I came up over a small hill and started on a downhill straightaway, when I noticed a brown flash out of the corner of my eye. I was cruising at about 50-55 and nailed the deer on the right front corner of the sled. We pulled over in total disbelief of what just happened, and went back to find the deer. It was laying on the side of the trail twitching and died a few minutes later and we dragged it off the trail. As far as the damage to the sled(2004 REV 'Gade X 800) it looks like it is mainly plastic parts like the hood, bumper, right side panel, and the front belly pan. There is a small dent on the heat shield, but I am not concerned about that. After the accident I was able to ride it about 15 miles home with no problems. The sled is going to the dealer this morning to get an estimate. Watch for deer-LOL
mxz7adrenaline

Postby Slushyshorts » December 18th, 2004, 3:02 am

No injuries? Hope yer OK.
:C [green]CAT #1[/green]
Slushyshorts

Postby GThunda » December 18th, 2004, 3:04 am

Glad you're ok!

Backstraps and eggs for breakfast today?
GThunda

Postby Big Slick » December 18th, 2004, 3:05 am

Didn't ya gut it and drag it home? Couldn't have been that much damage to the meat.
quote=NorthernSkunk...jus another dumbazz comment that is full of schitt....when the f/k are you gonna grow up....
Big Slick

Postby mxz7adrenaline » December 18th, 2004, 3:05 am

No injuries here. The weird part is that I did not even feel the deer hit the sled. I always pictured hitting a deer on a sled and either getting tossed or veering out of control, but it didn't happen like that thankfully. The funny part is my insurance agent was with me, and about 5 minutes before I hit the deer we were talking about sled insurance-BAD TIMING
mxz7adrenaline

Postby mxz7adrenaline » December 18th, 2004, 3:07 am

not a venison fan-sorry.
mxz7adrenaline

Postby FiredUpRupp » December 18th, 2004, 4:10 am

Your lucky. Most that club a deer are not. I hope you get your ride fixed at minimal cost.
FiredUpRupp

Postby treewhacker » December 18th, 2004, 4:34 am

You're very lucky. In most cases, the sled would be a total loss. Deer are the stupidest animal on the face of the earth. I think they have shlt for brains. Glad you didn't get hurt.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

Postby mxz7adrenaline » December 18th, 2004, 4:45 am

Just got a call from the dealer. The sled is good to go for this weekend(some friends are coming up) with a little tape/rivets/etc>. It appears that is it mainly plastic parts, but the right side shock does have a little bend in it. I will try to get some pics of the sled before I start patching it back together-I guess I got pretty lucky! Thanks for all of the well wishing
mxz7adrenaline

Postby amsoilman » December 18th, 2004, 8:28 am

Glad that you're ok mxz7! Could have been much worse, as I can personally attest!
amsoilman

Next

Return to Trash Talkers