Subscribe Today

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby ice_racer_69 » May 5th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Comes set up for ovals!! Put in some fuel and slide lube and go!!!

-fully studded camoplast track complete with woody's studs, backing plates, and hooker studs
-2 sets of 10" woody's carbides
-custom front suspension
-custom rear suspension
-comes with original stock parts- seat, track, etc

Number 1 Qulifier Semi-Pro Stock classes and Number 3 Qualifier Pro Stock Classes @ Eagle River this year.

Would also be willing to set back up to stock...

P.M. me or reply to this thread for more details!!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/chrisbroermann/stocker2.jpg height=600 width=800[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/chrisbroermann/stocker4.jpg height=600 width=800[/img]
ice_racer_69

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby NWT Member » May 9th, 2005, 9:38 am

Nice sled!! Looking for racing skiis similar to yours, where can a guy purchase them? Just purchased a 2000 XC 700, very cheap price with $3000(Cdn) worth of mod's. All I need to purchase for a complete set-up is skiis and carbides. Can you offer some suggestions.

Thanks
NWT Member

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » May 9th, 2005, 11:03 am

You can buy a set of those ski's from Wahl Bros. Racing in Greenbush, Minnesota. The phone number is 1-218-782-2295
Spy-Guy 74

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby Let it snow » May 9th, 2005, 12:17 pm

Spy Guy must still be drunk from the banquet, those are Larry Rugland Motorsports Skis, they are way better than the Wahl Skis. Better get a set for your 700
Let it snow

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » May 9th, 2005, 2:18 pm

Kurt your right I looked at the picture again and they are Larry Rugland skis. I don't know if they are way better or not, as we use Wahl skis and they seem to work quite well. You should know Spy never drinks at banquets or at the races!! ya right he's just getting older and doesn't see as good as he used too.:Z
Spy-Guy 74

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby NWT Member » May 13th, 2005, 5:26 am

Thanks alot guys, I would think either Wahl Bros. or Larry Rugland ski's would "fit the bill". But I should mention, we race Lemans style. The track is not as smooth as you'd think, we do get a few rough stretches with snow also factoring in. So a good rugged ski would be what I'm looking for.
Also noticed the seat on the Polaris shaven a bit. Is that one of the tricks that's has been around for awhile, haven't seen in the Northwest Territories yet. But I did have to shave my seat cushion last winter just to get an aftermarket cover on it. I thought the feel would be beneficial to ice racing.
NWT Member

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby RpR#10 » May 13th, 2005, 10:28 am

Ive raced the style of Ice Lemans like you all have over there in the NWT. We call them Grand Prix.

The mini skis work well. I would probably use them in our 500 miler, if we ever have it again. Ive used stock skis and C&A Mini Skis. At Beausejour was the first time I ever ran the USI's mini ski.

The cut down seats are great for short distances. But even with the stock seat, after 300 or 400 miles you start feeling the tunnel with every bump. Cut down seats are great for getting off the sled in the corners though.
RpR#10

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby NWT Member » May 20th, 2005, 5:37 pm

RPR#10, do you have a contact # to purchase a good, rugged set of the mini Ski's? What type of machine have you been running the last couple of years? I take it you've raced in the "Thunder on Ice", Whitehorse, YK.
Would like to know what are the best shocks to run on ice. I had Fox shocks, cut down to 12", on my XC 500 sled,a few years ago. Seemed like it held up pretty good, just wondering what are best nowadays.
NWT Member

Oval Sled 4 Sale

Postby RpR#10 » May 23rd, 2005, 8:11 am

I PM'd you.
RpR#10

Return to General Racing Board