Subscribe Today

Who thinks they have the best dealer?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby Indy 500 » October 31st, 2001, 10:32 am

I think that a very important thing in buying a sled is to have a good relationship with your dealer. Someone who when you walk in the door knows your name and helps your right away. Not just some big shot who thinks of you as just another customer. The guy I have bought the 2 sleds Ive owned and also the 4 wheeler I own has been selling recreational vehicles to my dad for 20 years as well. Neither me or my dad has ever purchased any where else and probably won't until he goes out of business. Who feels the same or who thinks you should just buy from whoever has what you want?
Jeff
Indy 500

Postby Mainecat » October 31st, 2001, 11:05 am

Always support a great dealer. I can always find a better price say 50 bucks less but those guys are the first out of business. I have been buying from the same dealer for 10 years. 10 Cats later and I my wife and I get recognized buy our first names when we walk in. I also get great warranty service on anything from sleds to clothing and this dealer supports clubs and the State Snowmobile Assocaition. They have been Cat dealers since 67 and Yamaha dealer since 75.
My Dealer:
A-1 Sports Center
Manchester, NH
Mainecat

Postby tnt8000 » October 31st, 2001, 11:19 am

i have an amazing dealer... he only sells sleds (ski-doo) he knows my name and everything about me.... he give me big discounts and everything.. he is 1/2 hour away from me but i drive all that way to buy stuff when i could drive 5 min and go to the big ski-doo dealer here... why do i drive cus this guy is great.. Georges Garage Matheson
2 sleds
30 000km combined
thats a hell of alot of real world riding!
tnt8000

Postby Snoguy » October 31st, 2001, 11:22 am

The best luck Iv'e had was a dealer in Shawano,WI. I bought A used sled and the mechanic I talked to knew the history of every machine. He helped me out alot.
Snoguy

Postby Snoguy » October 31st, 2001, 11:49 am

I bought a used sled from a dealer in Shawano,WI. a couple of years ago. The guy I talked to knew the guy that traded in the sled that I bought. I got a very good sled in great condition. It helps to know your dealer.
Snoguy

Postby 02Xc600Sp » October 31st, 2001, 12:13 pm

I'm kinda pissed at my dealer right now. My sled still hasn't come in yet and it's snowed here today. I'm not sure if it's my dealer's fault or polaris's. Anyone else's sled not come in yet???
02Xc600Sp

Postby eebs » October 31st, 2001, 11:37 pm

My dealer is tops....

The sixth sled you buy you get for free! Now that rules or what!
[b]Crank it up until it breaks... then back down!!![/b]
eebs

Postby OldCatRacer » October 31st, 2001, 11:43 pm

But eebs they are Yamaha so that is easy to fiqure out. It's like only three sleds on the other brands!!!
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Postby mikeNH » October 31st, 2001, 11:56 pm

Mainecat,

Have you checked out Livingston's? Talk about great service. I just bought a new sled from them and they treat you great. Friends of mine have bought sleds from them in the past and the service/customer care is second to none. If you like A1 you'll love Livingston's. It's funny how the same dealer can be perceived totally different. I live 10 minutes from A1 and have heard nothing but bad things about them. Yet you have a great experience with them. I guess a dealer is just like a brand. Some people love it while others hate it
mikeNH

Postby rotax » November 1st, 2001, 12:07 am

Ingles Performance,super people to deal with.
rotax

Next

Return to Trash Talkers