Subscribe Today

Blue Marble Premium Two-Stroke Oil

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby StBoniZR440 » November 6th, 2001, 9:09 am

Recently read about this product. I heard that it increases efficiency and HP. Seems a bit pricey. I'm considering a purchase.

Information can be found at www.nulubes.com

Any thoughts or suggestions?
StBoniZR440

Postby Burky » November 6th, 2001, 8:28 pm

Have read about it, sounds really good. But very pricey, and there are many other products out there that people have lots of experience with, work really well, are easily available and cheaper. Bottom line, I don't think I will end up using it because there are too many alternatives.
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

Postby CatmanZR800 » November 7th, 2001, 2:28 am

I'm sticking to AMSOIL Series 2000 Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil. This stuff is great for any make of snowmobile, and I do have two different brands. Less headache to have one brand, versus going to two different dealers for oil.
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Postby fast 600 » November 7th, 2001, 1:09 pm

I ordered a case of 4 gallons yesterday, I am convinced it's a very good product and willing to give it a try. It's really not much more money than the new valve oil from cat......
fast 600

Postby racetech » November 7th, 2001, 1:40 pm

You have to be carefull on what type of oil you use. Companys who make lubricants view them as a commodity, where low price and service issues dominate purchase decisions. Oil companies seeking large market share want to keep manufacturing low and have little incentive to upgrade lubricant quaility. I work at a dealer and here it all, blendzall, amsoil, klotz, and injex are the best. This is a typical snowmobiler cause what ever they have or use is the best. Castor oils are great but are know to be ashy and not very clean burning, and known to seperate from gas in cold weather. You have to ask yourself, do you want to spend more on quality oils or quanity?
racetech

Postby IndyMax7500 » November 15th, 2001, 3:42 pm

I just ordered a case of BLUE MARBLE oil,.. will get back at everyone on how well it works. Going to use it in my Yamaha 500 Vmax first then if i like how it works,... 2002 XCSP 700 gets to run it :) stay tuned.,.....
IndyMax7500

Postby IndyMax7500 » November 28th, 2001, 5:19 pm

Got the Blue Marble shipment,... Stay tuned for how it performs,....
IndyMax7500

Postby jackpinesavage » November 29th, 2001, 12:15 am

Blue Marble Oil is not tcw3 rated, why is this! I have been using Amsoil and have had good luck so far but would consider using other brands if they are tcw3 rated!
jackpinesavage

Postby IndyMax7500 » December 3rd, 2001, 4:31 pm

Blue Marble Oil is not tcw3 rated.,,, What is that rating mean ?
IndyMax7500

Postby fast 600 » December 4th, 2001, 3:58 pm

If you read the FAQ's list on the blue marble oil site it has the most asked questions on this product. It states that this oil far exceeds the tcw3 rating.
fast 600

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum